Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bosch Front Wiper Blade - Won't Fit Hole Too Small

adeharding

Just bought a Bosch super 26" front wiper blade to replace exisiting toyota one. I have managed to get old one of no problems however cannot get the Bosch one to fit as the wiper arm hook wont fit through the hole on the blade. (its about 6mm smaller in length than the toyota one.

Has anybody else had similar trouble with other blades, any suggestions before i return it.

Thanks

That wouldn't happen to be a flatblade (flex wiper) would it?

Those usually have a bit that hinges up in order to give access to the attachment...

race-bosch-123.jpg

That wouldn't happen to be a flatblade (flex wiper) would it?

Those usually have a bit that hinges up in order to give access to the attachment...

No its the same kind of fitting as the standard one apart from the middle hinge does rotate throug 360 degrees. The instructions say put on at right angle to arm but obviously as the arm doesnt rise thats impossible. Below is picture from Bosch site, the problem is between step 1 and 2 that the arm will not go through the hole as it is to long.

pcWipe_ex-3.jpg

You can't create enough space either?

Like by flexing the middle of the wiperblade/rubber outward?

Hi adeharding,

Don't know if this will help but I bought a Bosch wiper for my new car about 6 months ago and had the same problem, if I remember correctly I got round it by fitting the old clip to the blade, well when I say old clip it was obviously new, I had only had the car a couple of weeks. I tried all ways to fit the blade back on with the Bosch clip provided, it was too big. It was a cold day and was already stressed and it worked so left it like that, had no probs since. I think I fitted the clip to the Arm then inserted the blade over the arm and clipped it into the clip, I think is was the actual clip that was the problem, too large for the arm, it would not slot into the arm all the way.

regards

johnhrh

Hi adeharding,

Don't know if this will help but I bought a Bosch wiper for my new car about 6 months ago and had the same problem, if I remember correctly I got round it by fitting the old clip to the blade, well when I say old clip it was obviously new, I had only had the car a couple of weeks. I tried all ways to fit the blade back on with the Bosch clip provided, it was too big. It was a cold day and was already stressed and it worked so left it like that, had no probs since. I think I fitted the clip to the Arm then inserted the blade over the arm and clipped it into the clip, I think is was the actual clip that was the problem, too large for the arm, it would not slot into the arm all the way.

regards

johnhrh

Thanks for that will have a look when all this snow has gone

You're leaving it while March ?

Hi adeharding,

regards

johnhrh

Manged to fit by removing clip from Bosch blade 1/2 attaching to car then added the wiper blade and clipped into place.

Thanks for help