Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Navi B9001 No Radio

mikensam

Hi,

I hope someone can help me, I have a Toyota RAV4 VVTi on a 54 plate, It have the NAVI B9001 double din sat nav unit installed.

The sat nav and the cd works perfectly but when i switch over to the radio i dont get any sound at all. Even if the radio isnt tuned in to any channel i should get a static noise which i dont.

I have taken the stereo out to check wiring problems and all looks ok, the unit has what looks like 2 antenna in's for the radio but the wiring coming from the car only has 1 plug for the radio, dont know whether this is relevant.

Anyway, trying to get the radio working again and wondered if anyone else has run into this problem before?

Secondly, because the radio doesnt work I bought my wife an aftermarket Pioneer stereo and a toyota adaptor, I tried installing it yesterday and I get power but no sound from the Speakers. When the power is turned on (eg key turned) i get a pop from the rear left speaker but thats it.

I have had a look round the net and find this maybe related to a BOSE sound system installed. I dont know whether it has this system installed or not. All the Speakers are covered by a grill that has no mention of the manufacturer on it.

The sound quality from the Speakers is better than average so I think it might well have the BOSE system installed.

I dont really mind which unit is used, my wife just really wants the radio :D

Hope someone can help or point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Hello Mike and welcome.

We've certainly had somebody else that appeared to have a dead tuner part of the head unit, after going through the usual "is the antenna connected, is the TA flag off etc......."

There is only one antenna lead from the vehicle, probably the top socket, pictures here might help:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...85387&st=20

Rear Speakers are usually on the six pin white connector and front on the ten pin connector, if you have those. Perhaps check if those seem to route through the adapter to the correct pins on the rear of the pioneer.

Good Luck.

Hello Mike and welcome.

We've certainly had somebody else that appeared to have a dead tuner part of the head unit, after going through the usual "is the antenna connected, is the TA flag off etc......."

There is only one antenna lead from the vehicle, probably the top socket, pictures here might help:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...85387&st=20

Rear speakers are usually on the six pin white connector and front on the ten pin connector, if you have those. Perhaps check if those seem to route through the adapter to the correct pins on the rear of the pioneer.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the quick reply, I dont really know what I'm doing with the wiring part of the system and done want to break something so I wont play.

You mention is the TA flag off, What does this mean and how can I check?

Thanks,

Mike

You mention is the TA flag off, What does this mean and how can I check?

It's a function of the RDS part of the radio. If 'TA' is displayed it mutes, unless there is traffic info. However thinking about it, I think Toyota turn it off everytime the radio is powered up (unlike others) and if you've had the radio disconnected anyway, it will probably have been reset, so forget it, I'm talking ****. I blame the cold weather, it dulls the senses. :rolleyes:

• 2 years later...

Hello Mike,

I have exactly the same problem with the B9001 as you had. Seeking for a solution searching the internet I found you're reported problem but I'm very curious if you solved it. The end of this discussion does not reveal this. I hope to get you're response.

Thanks, Erwin

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem. Any solution yet?