Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T 27 Hdd Navigation Update

brewed

Hello !

wanting update my maps from a T27 Avensis from 2009 ( version 2008-2009 maps ) i finally found from the romanian toyota dealer that they do not provide updates for any kind of maps ! Please, could you help me to find out an online way to make the update ? I have a HDD nagigation system, i am interested in the updates files & the updating procedure.

Waiting for your advice.

many thanks .

The only way at the moment is taking it to your local dealer and they will be delighted to serve you.

The only way at the moment is taking it to your local dealer and they will be delighted to serve you.

I agree with you, but this happens in UK. In Romania , Toyota Romania is not capable to make this, i've been asking for it for almost half an year. this is why i am writting on this forum for asking help.

any other suggestion ?

I agree with you, but this happens in UK. In Romania , Toyota Romania is not capable to make this, i've been asking for it for almost half an year. this is why i am writting on this forum for asking help.

any other suggestion ?

Most of the underground forums suggest that there is no cure for it.

The only way I can think of, if you know any geek and any other guy who has maps on his HDD, then he could hack the HDD and use it as host to get the maps out of that car and then install on your HDD.

I am bit of geek but I need a car with HDD to play with it to see if it can go in host mode.

Hope somebody else can help you. :thumbsup:

any other suggestion ?

The only way I can think of, if you know any geek and any other guy who has maps on his HDD, then he could hack the HDD and use it as host to get the maps out of that car and then install on your HDD.

I am bit of geek but I need a car with HDD to play with it to see if it can go in host mode.

Hi mate, Sam's correct but you could read this link, http://gpsunderground.com/forum/toyota-lexus/1920-toyota-avensis-2009-navigation-hard-drive-hdd.html as there may be some hope but don't hold your breath!

Good luck ..... Pete.

any other suggestion ?

thank you a lot! hope to find the way there :)

Hi mate, Sam's correct but you could read this link, http://gpsunderground.com/forum/toyota-lexus/1920-toyota-avensis-2009-navigation-hard-drive-hdd.html as there may be some hope but don't hold your breath!

Good luck ..... Pete.

Dare I ask how much an update for the mapping is ? !!!!

Dare I ask how much an update for the mapping is ? !!!!

For HDD version it is around £150+.

• 2 years later...

There is update on this topic - HDD Navi can be updated almost for free without any dealers. Check link to GPS Underground above

A slight aside from this matter but I have a 2011 T27 with the Nav system on an SD card which plugs into the fascia. Knowing how easy it is to lose/corrupt these cards can I make a back-up copy on my PC without destroying the info?

• 2 years later...

This is why Toyota should adopt Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, if they have not done so already. Even the latest Touch 2 and Go has limitations/restrictions.

At the moment, Touch 2 and Go can get free updates, for the next 3 years -  http://360.here.com/2016/05/19/toyota-offers-drivers-the-latest-here-maps-with-free-updates/

That means unless there is a change in the ruling, those user will then have to find a way to update cheaply! 

With Android Auto and Apple CarPlay you can use the phone Sat-Nav through the cars screen/audio. I have a "basic" audio system with no touch screen. I use my Nokia with built-in Here maps through my cars phone bluetooth. I also own a Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo which has both Google maps and Here maps. Both phones Here maps get free updates for life!

These are the reasons why Toyota should go the external route if the are not bother to support their systems years down the line. It's cheaper to buy a sat-nav or change the audio system to a third party system that has more functions, or just use the mobile phone. 

To be fair Toyota has amongst the lowest costs for updating it's nav systems (the HDD one afaik needs a dealer, I don't think that it's user friendly).

but the costs of integrated systems v. Garmin/TomTom etc.  & Bing/Google maps etc. across the industry is eye-watering.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links