Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air-Bag Light Flash Code

jollygreengiantesq

Hi every one, I've got a 03/2000 registered Avensis that has had the airbag light flashing for some time now, but with the MOT coming up its time to fix it.

So the question is - The lamp is flashing 4 - 8 - 4. Now I'm guessing that the 4 flash start and finish is just to say code coming and code finshed so that means that the Flash 8 is the code, but what does it refer to. Any sensible pointers would be useful and will this be a case of once the fault is fixed will the airbag lamp turn off or will it have to go to the mainstealers for a reset. ?????

Thank you in advance

JGGesq

What part of the world are you in?

Somebody on here might live locally and offer to scan it for a fault code for you.

What part of the world are you in?

Somebody on here might live locally and offer to scan it for a fault code for you.

East Northants. As I said I know WHAT the fault code is ( Code 4 - 8 - 4) I just need to know to what it refers to.

Normal DTC codes are P**** , so i'm not sure what that code relates to. Thats why I suggested a fault code reader, as they can give the DTC code and check online for an answer.

list of airbag flash codes.

12=Low Battery Voltage

13=Air Bag Circuit Shorted to Ground

14=Primary Crash Sensor Circuit Shorted to Ground

21=Safing Sensor Not Mounted to Vehicle Properly

22=Safing Sensor Output Shorted to Battery Voltage

23=Safing Sensor Circuit Input Feed/Return Circuit Open

24=Safing Sensor Output Feed/Return Circuit Open

32 Driver Side Air Bag Circuit High Resistance or Open

33 Passenger Side Air Bag Circuit High Resistance or Open

34=Driver Side Air Bag Circuit Low Resistance or Shorted

35=Passenger Side Air Bag Circuit Low Resistance or Shorted

41=RH Primary Crash Sensor Feed/Return Circuit Open

42=LH Primary Crash Sensor Feed/Return Circuit Open

44=RH Primary Crash Sensor Not Mounted to Vehicle Properly

45=LH Primary Crash Sensor Not Mounted to Vehicle Properly

51=Air Bag Diagnostic Monitor Internal Thermal FuseFuse Blown Due to Intermittent Short to Ground

52=Backup Power SupplyVoltage Boost Fault

53=Primary Crash Sensor Circuits Resistance to Ground or Air Bag Diagnostic Fault

Hi every one, I've got a 03/2000 registered Avensis that has had the airbag light flashing for some time now, but with the MOT coming up its time to fix it.

So the question is - The lamp is flashing 4 - 8 - 4. Now I'm guessing that the 4 flash start and finish is just to say code coming and code finshed so that means that the Flash 8 is the code, but what does it refer to. Any sensible pointers would be useful and will this be a case of once the fault is fixed will the airbag lamp turn off or will it have to go to the mainstealers for a reset. ?????

Thank you in advance

JGGesq

The airbag light is not an MOT failure just advisory but it does need sorting, check the wiring under the front seats as a connector may have come out, these usually go to the seat belt pre-tensioner. Sorry I can't be of any help with the fault codes.

Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, just incase some one is interested in the answer, According to Toyota diagnostic (£57) its the ECU it's self, apparently its a few electrons short of a full load, gone to play with the fairy's, crossed the line between sanity and insanity with a pole-vault, otherwise generally known as b*gg#r#d. (£400ish).

Ho-Humm.

Being done on Tuesday. IF they are wrong then its down to them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Would be interested to now how you got on.

Our Corolla SRS light is on and we were quoted £536 by the local Toyota dealer!!!!!

Good luck

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links