Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remotekey Problems On Avensis -99 ?

Rvall

DIsconnect the thin one on the five pin plug to the drivers door lock.

Paul

First I'd like to thank Tweeks (Paul) for telling me how to do this.

It actually works now.

Short background;

About a year ago the remotekey stopped working, it didn't work at all. So after some searching here, I reprogrammed it by opening door and pushing buttons and so on...

Then it worked a short period but suddenly I couldn't lock the doors from the remote. Unlocking worked fine.

Then it worked again and not again and again... you get the picture.

Now after three weeks of not being able to lock the doors from the remotekey, I decided I should give the tips I got from Tweeks a try.

I cut the wire and now it works again.

I'm a strong beliver in that it was my operation that did it and not just a coincident. ;-)

For anyone else who'd like to give it a try, here's a short description:

Remove the inside cover from the drivers door;

1 hidden screw inside the dooropener

1 hidden screw in bottom of handle on the inside, just below the buttons on the armrest)

[Remove the buttonpanel by lifting in rear and pull it out to the rear]

2 hidden screws under this panel

2 golden screws on the underside of the door

3-4 plastic screws on the front of the door (snapps back in)

2 of above in the rear

Grab the door cover in the large pocket in bottom and pull it upwards.

Lift the rear end first so it's 10-20 cm raised. (Might be easier with the window down)

Then the front needs to be pulled to the rear so it's free from the triangular rear-view-mirror panel.

Volá.

Now look under the plastic, somewhere behind the keylock there are a collection of 5 cables that disappears inside the door, behind a lot of white plastic.

Most of these are blue with some small color marks on but there is one thinner (well, not that obviously thinner but thinner...) that doesn't look like the others.

I cut that cable and taped it firmly to the other cables.

Now it worked to lock the door from the remote and has worked fine everytime for these two weeks.

Put the cover back by first slide it under the triangular and then push it down in place.

I've been told that the locking system use this cable for sensing in what state the lock is in. After some years this sensor doesn't work as it should do so sometimes the systems thinks that it can't lock the doors (or unlock I guess).

By cutting the wire, the systems doesn't know what state the lock is in, so it just does as it is told.

I hope you understand my description, even though it might be some grammatical errors hidden somewhere, there are no awards for those who finds them :rolleyes:

Any information in this post is used on your own resposibility. I can't be held responsible for any problems that might arise from it.

• 1 year later...

Haven't anyone had any use for this or are you just lazy posters?

The locks have been working fine for a year now without any problems so the cut wire did the job.

Please post here if you found this information useful.

Thanks

• 5 months later...
Haven't anyone had any use for this or are you just lazy posters?

The locks have been working fine for a year now without any problems so the cut wire did the job.

Please post here if you found this information useful.

Thanks

Hi

do you know if this works for a Carina?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links