Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuse Help - No Lights On Clock,fan Controls And Stereo...

webup

Hi Guys,

My gf has a 2001 Corolla Allex and the main dash lights are on i.e speedometer etc but there are no lights on the fan controls and the clock in the dash.

Also to the stereo has main power as we can operate the tilt/open it but the screen is completely blank.

Any ideas?

Here you can see the lights working on the right but not in the centre console

jaxsut.jpg

Screen still opens and closes but no lights at all on the stereo screen

11kim29.jpg

Nothing at alll on clock and temperature display/heater etc

33vymxg.jpg:unsure:

The fuse is located under the behind the glove box. I beleive its sa 15amp 12V Fuse! might have shorted whilst you were fititng something. Remove glovebox lie down under and look above you will see this plastic case, Remove the plastic case and start pulling the fuses out and checking. i will take a pic if i can tonight to show you which fuse it is. Defo the 12v fuse for cig lighter, dash lights and stereo. Remove and replace.

You have two fuse boxes one should be in engine bay and one behind the glove box.

The fuse is located under the behind the glove box. I beleive its sa 15amp 12V Fuse! might have shorted whilst you were fititng something. Remove glovebox lie down under and look above you will see this plastic case, Remove the plastic case and start pulling the fuses out and checking. i will take a pic if i can tonight to show you which fuse it is. Defo the 12v fuse for cig lighter, dash lights and stereo. Remove and replace.

You have two fuse boxes one should be in engine bay and one behind the glove box.

Hi

I have just checked all these and they seem fine...couldnt see any obvious break in the fuse.....however there are a few missing?? are these meant to be.

Also the electric mirrors arent working.

e0ir9j.jpgosbn6e.jpg

Is there any fan control at all, meaning does the fan work?

You might have to check the wiring loom at the back of the center console, to make sure that its connected.

If you look at my signature, you will see a link in how to take the center console which your car should be the same as mine.

Look to see if that connected

Bing

:thumbsup:

You are missing two fuses, Replace them as shown on the plastic cover, Replace with the correct rating.

Finnaly i would suggest remove the 15A cig fuse and just replace with a new one as sometimes fuses may be faulty but you cannot see a brake in them.

Thats the fuse that controls the cig lighter, the heater lights and stereo Not sure of mirros but replace the missing fuses and replace 15a cig fuse for a new one.

If that does not work remove the centre console and check the back thats all i can suggest.

You are missing two fuses, Replace them as shown on the plastic cover, Replace with the correct rating.

Finnaly i would suggest remove the 15A cig fuse and just replace with a new one as sometimes fuses may be faulty but you cannot see a brake in them.

Thats the fuse that controls the cig lighter, the heater lights and stereo Not sure of mirros but replace the missing fuses and replace 15a cig fuse for a new one.

If that does not work remove the centre console and check the back thats all i can suggest.

Thanks guys for the replies!

It turns out it was the 15amp, when I re checked it and looked closer the circuit was broken.

I put new one in and voila, stereo,mirrors and climate control display came back on.

Inow wish I could get the TV to pick up our local channels here properly!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links