2 replies to this topic

#1 gordon b reid

gordon b reid

• Registered Member
  • 5 posts
  • Toyota Model: toyota landcruiser

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:22 PM

Hi
I have a 2001 toyota landcruiser 3lt turbo diesel with the D4D engine when working it hard not a problem but when you have to lift your foot or take off it has no power. Think the problem maybe with the pressure relief valve but can't see it was wondering if any of you guys would no where it is or would you know if it is on the pump itself ?
Also has anyone anyinfo on the common rail engine as this would proabably be of a great help as this is the same engine.
Thanks
Gordon

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 igormus

igormus

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: RAV-4 ,2007 (2.0 ltr petrol auto)

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:56 AM

Hi
I have a 2001 toyota landcruiser 3lt turbo diesel with the D4D engine when working it hard not a problem but when you have to lift your foot or take off it has no power. Think the problem maybe with the pressure relief valve but can't see it was wondering if any of you guys would no where it is or would you know if it is on the pump itself ?
Also has anyone anyinfo on the common rail engine as this would proabably be of a great help as this is the same engine.
Thanks
Gordon

hi Gordon
- EGR vallve -- to be examinated and cleaned;
- all injectors -- to be pressure tested with jet spray shape etc;
Check and revert
Cheers/Igor

#3 Bluefin

Bluefin

• Registered Member
  • 4 posts
  • Toyota Model: Landcruiser

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

Hi
Thanks
Gordon

hi Gordon
- EGR vallve -- to be examinated and cleaned;
- all injectors -- to be pressure tested with jet spray shape etc;
Check and revert
Cheers/Igor

Or blank off the EGR valve altogether ?
This just cured my Kia Sedona completely. Took about half an hour and cost tuppence. It went from running rough and smoking badly, to running like a dream.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users