Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air-con To Climate. Doable?

Stumpi

Hi guys,

Here's my first of what will probably be many posts on this forum.

I have an 08 D4D TR from my company and when they recently sold off two 06 D4D T3Ss I decided to get one for my wife.

Great cars, huge, very economical and great on long journeys.

So, my dilema is this, I can buy the stereo and Climate control module for a T3X to fit to my 06 car, but what else do I need to make the climate work properly? I'm assuming 2 maybe 3 sensors, or had the std car got these, or does the module itself manage this?

And help gratefully received.

Dave

whats the difference between both

rob v

Not sure I understand, difference between the cars?

Ones an 08 TR and ones an 06 T3S.. What differences you need to know, wheel size, gears, specs?

whats the difference between both

rob v

I think he means the difference between air con & climate control, just a guess.

I would say, why the need to change from air con to climate control ? Don't they do the same / similar thing ?

Les

Hi guys,

Here's my first of what will probably be many posts on this forum.

I have an 08 D4D TR from my company and when they recently sold off two 06 D4D T3Ss I decided to get one for my wife.

Great cars, huge, very economical and great on long journeys.

So, my dilema is this, I can buy the stereo and Climate control module for a T3X to fit to my 06 car, but what else do I need to make the climate work properly? I'm assuming 2 maybe 3 sensors, or had the std car got these, or does the module itself manage this?

And help gratefully received.

Dave

hi DAVE

re climate unit:

It is understood when you say climate - I deem you presumed the internal unit in the central console -- correct?

But it is only control unit and it is not sufficient to have the refrigerant system assembled. Normal refrigerating plant consists of the following:

- A/C coompressor with electro magnetic coupling;

- COndenser (to have a R134a vapours converted into liquid);

- Evaporator ;

- Thermo expansion valve (throttle valve);

- Some sensors;

- Joining tubes or hoses;

- Refilling connection piece

And anothers. In case you need to install unit assembly -- it is better to engage special workshop dealing with auto A/C systems repair/adjusting/installation.

Good Luck

Igor

Right ok, need to be clearer.

The 06 car has air conditioning, but manual air conditioning, so has condensor, fridge unit etc etc etc...

I can source a climate control module (controls in cabin) to fit that will automatically control the air conditioning, ala, auto climate control.

The question I have is, does the climate control unit work in a car with manual air conditioning controls or do I need to buy new sensors etc?

Hope that's clearer.

Right ok, need to be clearer.

The 06 car has air conditioning, but manual air conditioning, so has condensor, fridge unit etc etc etc...

I can source a climate control module (controls in cabin) to fit that will automatically control the air conditioning, ala, auto climate control.

The question I have is, does the climate control unit work in a car with manual air conditioning controls or do I need to buy new sensors etc?

Hope that's clearer.

hello again

in case this new module has all terminals to be co-ordinated with normal system items such us sensors, throttle valve; temp sensors; tubes; gas capacity in the system, then I do not see any restrictions. But firstly , befoore have purchased this modul -- I strictly recomend you to have an advice from reliable workshop dealing with instsalation of such equipment. You can understand that we are here to give some practical advices but can't see a local parts/problems. Before money spending -- ask for advice there. Cheers/Igor

As far as i'm aware, the manual air-conditioning will be missing the internal temperature sensor, the sun sensor on the top of the dashboard and the air flow position flaps within the vents might be manually rather than electrically adjusted so they may require replacing so that the climate can adjust the direction of the air flow itself.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links