Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2009 D4d Engine Oil, Or Rather Lack Of It....help

Rossy

hello

i have 2009 jan reg 2.0 d4d avensis saloon 30.134 kilometres (old model 2008)

oil warning low buzzer came on...dipped for oil not much on the stick well below"min" level

serviced at 15k by toyota tec at his own garage in the evenings.

he tells me saw a few problems recently with oil levels....any ideas please to do

thanks

hello

oil warning low buzzer came on...dipped for oil not much on the stick well below"min" level

he tells me saw a few problems recently with oil levels....any ideas please to do

thanks

hello

in case yr car is under warranty yet, then arise a claim. MrT will seal up yr oil filling lid for measuring purposes/1000 kms.

In the worst case you will add oil. Cheers/Igor

hello

thanks

hello

in case yr car is under warranty yet, then arise a claim. MrT will seal up yr oil filling lid for measuring purposes/1000 kms.

thanks igor..

have added oil already..just before the 30k service...so as not to run out...have set the trip meter so when i reach 1000k will dip for oil myself..what mesurement on the dip stick should i be looking for?....have another 09 d4d same problem..hmmm..i know its under warranty but still....

You need to calculate the amount of oil you put in to bring it back to the "full" mark. I think Mr T gets interested if consumption is greater than 1 litre per 1000 miles and he needs to verify that. If you do the consumption calculation, he will just do the same thing again, it may be worth going to you local dealer with the issue now and let them see for themselves your oil consumption. Is your service history complete and up to date ?

hello

thanks

hello

thanks igor..

have added oil already..just before the 30k service...so as not to run out...have set the trip meter so when i reach 1000k will dip for oil myself..what mesurement on the dip stick should i be looking for?....have another 09 d4d same problem..hmmm..i know its under warranty but still....

hello again

i feel your worries and it is because mine last Avensis has also been consuming a lot of oil.

The problem was that its warranty has expired but i disliked to change a short motor.

Good luck/Igor

You need to calculate the amount of oil you put in to bring it back to the "full" mark. I think Mr T gets interested if consumption is greater than 1 litre per 1000 miles and he needs to verify that. If you do the consumption calculation, he will just do the same thing again, it may be worth going to you local dealer with the issue now and let them see for themselves your oil consumption. Is your service history complete and up to date ?

yes the service history is the main point.

cheers/Igor

Some AD series angines have stopped oil consumption after 50 000kms. Toyota want's to see if the consumption is getting lower or higher. If it's gets higher they replace the block. If it's getting lower they want to follow the oil consumption a longer time, and see if it stops.

At least here in Finland i know many engines that have stopped oil consumption after 60 000kms.

Some AD series angines have stopped oil consumption after 50 000kms. Toyota want's to see if the consumption is getting lower or higher. If it's gets higher they replace the block. If it's getting lower they want to follow the oil consumption a longer time, and see if it stops.

At least here in Finland i know many engines that have stopped oil consumption after 60 000kms.

thanks...your are probadly right...my last avensis d4d 2006 m/c did the same the oil consumption got less and less as the km increased, anyone have any reasons as to why this is?

thanks

Mine has just been back after a 1000 mile check, loss of oil was noticed after first service after about 3 weeks of driving it was topped up and a label placed on the dip stick and i was told to take it back after adding 1000 miles which i did, alls been well when i asked what the problem was all about i was told some piston rings was giving the oil loss problems to some engines, i now checking my oil level more now as i feel different driving conditions may contribute to a loss, Will see how we go from now on,

thanks...your are probadly right...my last avensis d4d 2006 m/c did the same the oil consumption got less and less as the km increased, anyone have any reasons as to why this is?

thanks

There's mainly 2 possibilitys. When they tighten hte head to hte block, cylinders get a litle out of shape. The second possibility is piston rings. If it's the piston rings, it will stop oil consumption after they have worn a litle. If the oil consumption does not stop, it's the block that's giving the hard time.

My t180 has done 31k and uses little oil. I check it every weekend and it uses about half of a dipstck of oil per 10k.

My t180 has done 31k and uses little oil. I check it every weekend and it uses about half of a dipstck of oil per 10k.

My D-CAT has done 136 000km now and it doesn't like to "eat" oil B) Tho i take it to oil change every 15 000km's.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links