Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeeky Brakes?

donnyvfr

i had squeeky front brakes and because the pads were getting low and there was a lip on the discs i decided to change both discs and pads, i bought some EBC items which are renowned for quality and i used before on other cars without problems. The front brakes still squeek are prob a better description is squeeling brakes. Should there be anti squeel shims in mine and some previous owner did not re fit? or any other ideas. my car is a 98 avensis 1.8gs.

ps i replaced them myself and did the usual cleaning and copper grease etc etc so i know they are fitted correctly

i had squeeky front brakes and because the pads were getting low and there was a lip on the discs i decided to change both discs and pads, i bought some EBC items which are renowned for quality and i used before on other cars without problems. The front brakes still squeek are prob a better description is squeeling brakes. Should there be anti squeel shims in mine and some previous owner did not re fit? or any other ideas. my car is a 98 avensis 1.8gs.

ps i replaced them myself and did the usual cleaning and copper grease etc etc so i know they are fitted correctly

i posted on another brake related forum on here a few hours ago. same story, new pads and discs, both from EBC. fitted by mates at local garage, saw them do it, so all the copper grease etc done. end result, screeching like crazy. took em back, they took them off, cleaned everything, re did copper grease, checked it all, tightened everything, the whole kit n kaboodle. still screeching like crazy.

having a chat with him, he reckons that these days, you got to stick with the original stuff on the toyotas. Ya get what ya pay for and so on. He mentioned Delphi as the only after market brand worth getting when it comes to brakes. Might have to look into it!! I would love to know if there are any ideas on how to fix this screeching!

Mike

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links