Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anti Roll Bar Bushes..again

HowardL

My CDX has done 44000miles 6yrs old

As far as I know the bushes are original

every MOT theres a note saying that the rubber on both have perished

I have no knocking all seems to be fine

How many on here have had theirs change just because the rubber looks perished when they need not have had to have them done at all?

I just replaced them on the daughters Yaris as we'd just bought it for her, and it's done 120k miles. The ones that were on were well & truly shot, and the rubber had all but disappeared. I had to cut them off with a hacksaw, so god knows how it managed to pass an mot a month earlier. Something smells funny.

My CDX has done 44000miles 6yrs old

As far as I know the bushes are original

every MOT theres a note saying that the rubber on both have perished

I have no knocking all seems to be fine

How many on here have had theirs change just because the rubber looks perished when they need not have had to have them done at all?

Hi Howard, i popped into my local National Tyres branch the other day to have mine checked for free (i did go in to price up new discs)

My car is a 2000 on a W reg 79k, still on the standard bushes (to my knowledge) and mine were ok.

The rubber is a bit perished but the guy grabbed the ARB and pulled and pushed it, rock solid, no movement.

He told me that only when there is movement of the roll bar, that's when the bushes need replacing.

Needless to say, i was quite surprised they wasn't more worn out!! :D

hi,

iv got a 1.3 cdx 2001 Y plate... been lowered on gmax springs for last 10k miles too... 69,000 miles and just passed MOT with no faults... bushes look a bit worn but no knocking from them. ;)

bert

How much did it cost for the part to have them replaced?

My mums have needed doing for 2 years now, but I think this year is the year they will need to be replaced!

Aroung £150 from a Toyota stealers, or buy the parts and do it yourself/get a garage with a cheaper hourly rate to do it.

I think the problem here is that most garages (rightly or wrongly) think it's a common fault on the yaris (like some of you i'm beggining to think otherwise) just because the rubbers start to perish they log it as an advisory on the MOT, the following year when it's time for the MOT again they see it was an advisory the previous year so they log it again as they can see they haven't been replaced( or they may even give it a fail).They may or may not have gotten any worse and i think they err on the side of caution and say they need replacing.

The wife's 2001 yaris had a free safety check at Toyota last Christmas and the only thing they picked up on was that the ARB bushes had started to perish, well it's due for it's MOT in a couple of months time and it will be interesting to see what happens. They don't knock or bang as yet.

Aroung £150 from a Toyota stealers, or buy the parts and do it yourself/get a garage with a cheaper hourly rate to do it.

Had mine done £100 at a Toyota dealer

I think the problem here is that most garages (rightly or wrongly) think it's a common fault on the yaris (like some of you i'm beggining to think otherwise) just because the rubbers start to perish they log it as an advisory on the MOT, the following year when it's time for the MOT again they see it was an advisory the previous year so they log it again as they can see they haven't been replaced( or they may even give it a fail).They may or may not have gotten any worse and i think they err on the side of caution and say they need replacing.

The wife's 2001 yaris had a free safety check at Toyota last Christmas and the only thing they picked up on was that the ARB bushes had started to perish, well it's due for it's MOT in a couple of months time and it will be interesting to see what happens. They don't knock or bang as yet.

If they are just perished like mine are Stan, then it should still be ok for MOT time. Mine passed ok a few months ago, no problem. ;)

When you think now that these bushes are 9yrs old on my car, 8ys old on your's, there's bound to be some kind of perishing because that's what rubber bushes do over time, but only if you can move the A.R.B with your hand, do they need replacing.

Lie underneath yours and give them a tug!, or do as i did and take it to National Tyres or similar and ask them to check them.

Make sure you stand under the car with the guy though and see for yourself if there's any play. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links