Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We Got Her!

Calisto

Dad and I picked our new Yaris TR MMt today, and was happily surprised to find that since we ordered her, Toyota added flappy paddles and added an iPOD adapter to the car. :)

She is Decouma Grey and we love her loads.

I took her for a trip on the Motorway and was happily surprised at how nippy she was. B) ....My daily drive is an MR2.

Tomorrow we are off for a roadtrip...not sure yet were we are of too, but it will be fun regardless.

Will post piccies when we get back.

B)

Hope that you both enjoy many happy miles in her :thumbsup:

Thanks Steve....Dad is so happy with her.

He has now decided he would like front fogs, Now do we go the route of Toyota to supply and fit or buy them somewhere else and get my mechanic to fit them.

We dont want to void the warrenty...Toyota will be servicing and MOTing her for the next three years. After that they will have her back and we will get another one or what ever thay have out next.

But Dad sooooo wants new fogs.

What do we do?

Doesn't the MMT come automatically with the pads? Was it an optional extra in June?

Well at the time of ordering in June, it had no flappy paddles but since then it would seem that they are an added extra.

That's great then. Congrats. how was the promised spin?

I'm picking up mine on Tuesday! You can't imagine how excited I am :clap: .. well actually you can .

I have all the manicure and pedicure cosmetics for her. Face tonic, cotton pads, lamb wool mitt and more, all ready waiting for her treat. :D

I wonder if they'll upgrade my little TR with some extras..

Had a lovely day out to Formby, the sun was shining and the Yaris was just a joy to drive. B)

Well here she is (the Yaris that is) and my Dad posing together.

001.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

I loved driving this little car, B) she is very quite and handles quite well. The only thing that I noticed and will take some getting used too was every time she changes gear (she's an MMt) she lurches forward so to speak and then carries on quite smoothly again, but it is quite noticable.

But apart from that its a great car, gets up to speed without much grief. As an added extra which wasn't on the car when we ordered her was Es aka overdrive.

This works very well and just gets you past a vehicle that little bit quiker. :P

I will say to all that are waiting for their new Yaris.........you won't be dissapointed. :thumbsup:

She's looking good Ash :thumbsup: ...............................and Trev :P ;) :lol:

The Es mode will make it a tad thirsty though!

Thanks Steve. Speaking of being thirsty...we filled her up...well until the nozzel clicked and it came too £30.30p. we did 125 miles today and it's down by 3 bars. I think thats rather good imo.

Driving was spirited :P and sooooo much fun.

Great looking car :thumbsup:

I would get Mr T to supply and fit the front fogs as the switch will be on the headlight stalk. The alloys look great and you have Dunlop SP1 Sport tyres which have a good write up.

Does it come with all the airbags? (9)

Hi Reece, yeah we have all the airbags.

TBH I was quite im pressed we had Dunlops. I was expecting a run of the mill brand.

Just been out in her.....love her to bits, I drive her more than Dad does.

What engine does it have?

If it is the MMT version it will be 1.33 as the 1.0 does not have MMT in the new Yaris.

1.3 or 1.33...?

I think that the 1.33 is the "standard" engine in the 2009 Yaris

Oy, in Formby? If I wasn't at work, I could have spotted you from my house window.

It's 1329cc to be precise :) Very pretty. I liked the decuma grey as I was in the dealership, but didn't like extra costs for it. I spent it on protection pack. I think I haven't see any Yaris with side panels and parking sensors yet..

I'll post you my pics once I get my hands on my ladybug

Dunlops... very nice. ANd the alloys.. mmMhM. :king:

First time I have been to Formby in years......I love the beach and the forest behind it. I even spotted my first ever red squizzel.

Nice one Reece.....is there a price list to go with it? Dad has spotted a few bits that he wants lol.

know when i ordered my yaris back in may the yaris you got did come with flappy handles so it wasnt an optional extra you did get them when you paid the higher price for the mmt model.

and the aux input came with all yaris models too unless you got the ipod cable addon that fits in your front glove compartment that was extra money to get one of those and if you got one of those free then well done mate :)

Well we didn't need the flappy paddles (we can only drive autos) and the ipod thingy is behind the hand break. We were not expecting that either, and didnt pay any extra.

So now I need to get an ipod.....my little shuffle is not the right one.

:rolleyes:

Well we didn't need the flappy paddles (we can only drive autos) and the ipod thingy is behind the hand break. We were not expecting that either, and didnt pay any extra.

So now I need to get an ipod.....my little shuffle is not the right one.

:rolleyes:

you dont need to buy a ipod ..just get a audio cable so you can use the shuffle with the aux input at the side of your handbrake.the cables are only about 2 pounds and you can get them from anywere in fact i know most mp3 players ive bought give them to you free just check it uses a standard mini jack sized cable.

you havent really got them for free youve paid for them in the price of the mmt transmission if youd got normal; transmission youd have saved yourself a few hundred pounds i dont think the salesguys explained it too you properly what youve paid for if your connections at the side of your handbrake in one of those 4 black squares then its the aux/mp3 input socket which comes as standard and is handy and i cant understand why soimeone would pay for ipod connection when all your paying for is a different connection but does the samething.

my wife uses her shuffle in our tr and she uses the aux input and loves it very good quality (if a little low volumed) but still great .