Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We Got Her!

Calisto

Ohhhhhhhh, cool will have to get that wire then.

Thanks.

if your unsure just take your shuffle into any store such as maplins,b and q..etc and ask them for a lead for that or try Halfords or any car shop believe me you can get that lead from nearly anywere:) just dont forget to press the aux button on your cd player or youll not get it coming threw the Speakers .

Waxxy,

The Aux-In plays any audio player through the Speakers, including an ipod, but you have to use the device itself to control the music.

The proper iPod connection displays the playlists & tracks on the radio display and allows you to control the ipod through the radio and steering wheel controls.

So you do get a lot more functionality through a proper ipod connection if you have an ipod....

Waxxy,

The Aux-In plays any audio player through the speakers, including an ipod, but you have to use the device itself to control the music.

The proper iPod connection displays the playlists & tracks on the radio display and allows you to control the ipod through the radio and steering wheel controls.

So you do get a lot more functionality through a proper ipod connection if you have an ipod....

yeah i know you get more functionality from the ipod connection but i think the guy in the orginal post is confused with a real ipod connector and the aux jack.the ipod is a extra and toyotas so tight fisted they wont give away anything for free not even by accident each car will under go a stringent check list before shipping i think hes just confused because he thinks he got the flappers for free but they only come in the mmt version anyway not available for other versions not even as a extra i asked the salesguy.

the ipod connectors ive seen fitted to toyota cars in the showrooms were fitted away from the handbrake only the usb/aux connectors were around the handbrake the ipods were stowed away in the glove boxs also from what you really get for the extra money i dont think its really worth the money for the ipod connector.its cheaper to use the aux input or burn all your mp3 files onto cds and use and control them threw the stereo and steering wheel.

the orginal poster should post pics of the inside if he did get the ipod connector for free hes the jammiest guy alive and gets a pint from me :)

if you contact the garage you got your yaris from theyll give you a price list of the extras or you can try and save a pound or two and buy from eBay theres toyta dealerships that sell items for the 09 yaris on eBay i bought the mud flaps which look really nice on mine and im getting a few more bits of kit when i goto jakarta end of this year ive already contacted the toyota dealerships in jakarta and ill save loads buying them from there.if your going on holiday you could always try toyota garages there but make sure you get your measurements and models correct on some accessories theres slight size differences so some wont fit but things like chrome exhaust,side,rear protectors,mats,alloy pedals,door sill protectors will fit fine as long as there for a 09 yaris.

if you contact the garage you got your yaris from theyll give you a price list of the extras or you can try and save a pound or two and buy from ebay theres toyta dealerships that sell items for the 09 yaris on ebay i bought the mud flaps which look really nice on mine and im getting a few more bits of kit when i goto jakarta end of this year ive already contacted the toyota dealerships in jakarta and ill save loads buying them from there.if your going on holiday you could always try toyota garages there but make sure you get your measurements and models correct on some accessories theres slight size differences so some wont fit but things like chrome exhaust,side,rear protectors,mats,alloy pedals,door sill protectors will fit fine as long as there for a 09 yaris.

By the time you have paid the import tax at customs you will not save yourself much money :rolleyes:

Jakarta is not (yet) in the EEC so you are restricted on the value of items that you may import duty free and must declare such goods at customs.

You should of course, consider the possible weight penalty payable to the airline too :thumbsup:

i goto jakarta a lot too see family and if i think its gonna be too heavy ill post it just to be safe.declaring stuff lets be honest who actually really goes and declares stuff over what there allowance is?last time i went i was told you can bring back anything upto around 150 pounds back with out declaring it and thats per person well theres 3 of us going so thats 450 and too show you how cheap the toyota dealers are there to buy orginal scuff plates for a 09 yaris (and they look cooler because the yaris signs are in blue instead of no colour)they will only cost me 11 pounds for a set of 4,bumper protectors cost 9 pounds for a set of 4,new sports muffler is 19 pounds,standard chrome muffler is 9 pounds,sunshade for windows for a set is 8 pounds,everything is mega cheap compared to here

i goto jakarta a lot too see family and if i think its gonna be too heavy ill post it just to be safe.declaring stuff lets be honest who actually really goes and declares stuff over what there allowance is?last time i went i was told you can bring back anything upto around 150 pounds back with out declaring it and thats per person well theres 3 of us going so thats 450 and too show you how cheap the toyota dealers are there to buy orginal scuff plates for a 09 yaris (and they look cooler because the yaris signs are in blue instead of no colour)they will only cost me 11 pounds for a set of 4,bumper protectors cost 9 pounds for a set of 4,new sports muffler is 19 pounds,standard chrome muffler is 9 pounds,sunshade for windows for a set is 8 pounds,everything is mega cheap compared to here

:eek: Would you care to punctuate that lot!!

You should declare anything that is over your allowance as the penalties for non declaration (Smuggling) are quite severe............(Impounding of ALL of your items being the very least of your worries :rolleyes: )

Items imported should be for individual personal use only, so your plan to bring £450 of goods may also land your travelling companions in trouble......................Is it really worth it?

Items imported should be for individual personal use only, so your plan to bring £450 of goods may also land your travelling companions in trouble......................Is it really worth it?

Absolutely! Waxxy, Can you get me a chrome muffler? :thumbsup:

Already said on facebook but it does look good!

My little 1.3 manual is at 47.4mpg average at the moment...took a trip up the M25 & M11 yesterday and back and got back with it at 49.8mpg :D it's dropped now as I had to be a bit more pushy on my drive from work to an appointment this evening.

Fab little cars!

Absolutely! Waxxy, Can you get me a chrome muffler? :thumbsup:

if there not heavy im gonna try and get a few sent over i see the sport mufflers tte go for over 200 pounds on eBay well i can get them for about 35 pounds and if i buy a few ill get a bigger discount :)

just dont tell red yaris when i go over lol the guy will squell me out :P

i got arrested once at customs for bringing in a !Removed! pot noodle the guy didnt care i had loads of dvds he was buzzin i had an illegal pot noodle ..they let me go after i explained and signed a warning form saying i didnt know they were illegal..but they did say everytime i enter this country i get searched and i do i even know them now they check me for food items lol

if there too heavy ill just send them by courier or via normal post if i get 10 sport mufflers knock them out at 100 pounds each thats paid for my holiday :) and the buyers will be happy because there getting them less than half price and there orginals not knock offs there from toyota.co.id.

when i get eveything sorted ill pm you reece with price list of stuff i can get or post on here itll be around xmas time when i get to go over so lots of time to save up :)

Just to bring it back on topic.

Dad has just taken out the GAP insurance thingy and paid for the services for the next 3 years....So all in all I hope everything is covered.

I skipped the GAP as well as the 3years service scheme, as they quoted me for £441, or £15 direct debit from now for the next 36 months. I got a bit angry and started asking many questions what is this scheme at all and I think the dealer regretted in the end proposing me this option. To pay £441 for 3 services which most probably will include oil and oil filter change, re pumping tires and checking if I vacuumed my car correctly. I think I'll pay when I go to the service and it will be less than £140-150 each visit.

Strange politics they have. Also this club membership. Covered for 1 year only. Next year £59.

They didn't even include a warning triangle or tow rope.. Very very poorly equipped. Everything is just to suck more and more money from you. I really hate it.

Problem with having a 3 year service plan is that you are stuck with that same dealer. There are 3 within a reasonable distance so I can call for the best quote for a service and trade them off against each other :thumbsup:

whats gap insurance?the only thing my salesman offered me in front of his boss was the undersealing but after the boss went away the salesman told me save your money mate the toyotas are watertight underneath just give it a quick spray once in awhile and youll be ok ..they offered me the service thing it was 12 pounds a month by direct debit but i hadnt a clue about servicing it so i didnt take him up on the offer .

If you have an accident and your car is a write off, the insurance company will give you what its worth at the time, as a second hand car, not your original purchase price.

(e.g. at 2 years old you'll get the value of a 2 year old Yaris).

You can take out GAP insurance, so that if your car is a write off, they will pay out the difference, up to the original purchase price - so you can go and get a new one rather than having to find a second hand one of a similar age....

Some ordinary insurance policies give you this anyway in the first year, but with GAP, you can buy his for three or four years....

We got a 3 year gap policy that pays out a max of £7500 to cover such a "gap" for £106, one off cost. Toyota wanted over £300 for similar....

Most have a "limit" of how soon you have to buy it of 90 days after purchase, bu the one we bought was 180 days, so we waited and got it when the car was 5 months old and then got a further 3 years cover..... (cos my motor policy covered the first year anyway)

The YARIS is lovely!! I want it, I love it.

Here is my Yaris story.

My Dad is in Australia and he just bought a new red one. I was surprised because I had a 2000 Yaris (called Echo in Oz) and named Eddy Echo after Edwina in Ab Fab, anyway. . . . my Dad bought it off me when I came to England.

Unfortunatly Eddy was involved in an accident and was written off by insurence company (always new my Dad was a bad driver, he tends to forget to indicate) so Dad was looking for a new car. I thought he would get a big V8 cause he always had V8's before he bought the YARIS and he plays golf and goes bike riding and had complained about the ECHO's trunk BUT BUT BUT he bought a brand spanking new red YARIS!! Woop Woop.

My mother has unfortunatly let the team down, she had a Toyota Corolla and traded it in on a Mazda big engined sporty thing, I thought males were the one's who had midlife crisis, although she is almost 70. Why she wants a giant thing like that to hoon around in I will never know BOOOOOOOOOOOOO to her. It's a nice car though, goes like the clappers and has electric everything. i'll push her to get a Yaris, and then my brother and we can be one big happy toyota YARIS family. LOL

I just picked up my new (new to me) 2002 Yaris CDX with 25,000 miles on the clock. She is wonderful, I have named her Princess Tamara. I traded in my 20 year old Corolla (called Cassie) and although I miss Cassie Corolla's comfy bucket seats and auto transmission, she was old and her ending nigh *SIGH* So If ya see someone Kangaroo hoping around the south of England in a light Green 02 CDX, it's most likely me and Princess Tamara. Still getting used to clutch you see, perhaps the muscles in my left leg had developed some atrophy due to lack of use.

My next car will be the new shape Yaris with flappy paddels and all. No doubt about that what so ever!!