Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Only For Those With Strong Heart.

Sico2

Can anyone tell me what in the world could have happend to this Yaris? I mean beaten from all sides? How possible was that?

post-80531-1249726057_thumb.jpg

post-80531-1249726066_thumb.jpg

post-80531-1249726073_thumb.jpg

post-80531-1249726078_thumb.jpg

Btw. it's for sale :laughing:

A bit of T-Cut will fix that scratch.....

Probably need a machine polisher rather than doing it by hand though.....

Muppet hits a signpost on passenger front, slides into verge, rolls it.

I do not think T cut will work very well ... super duper Car Restorer works wonders. Only £1,000 per bottle Exclusively from me.

(Warning, it is essential you follow the instructions to the letter or it will not work..: and these read: buy a new bodyshell from Toyota...)

Now then - there's a space-saver spare tyre on the front nearside.

Can't help wondering if that has just been fitted post-accident to replace a deflated tyre or whether it was on the car before the crash and could have been a contributing factor....

Fuel filler flap looks undamaged!

Looks like it was a T2 with just two airbags (assuming similar specs in Eorope to here...). This makes me glad I've got the full complement of air bags in mine....

Fuel filler flap looks undamaged!

Looks like one wheel trim might be OK too!!

Bit disapointed to see that the passenger sie roof has "crushed" in a bit...i thought these cars had super strong passenger "cells" that do not crush in?

The drivers side is fine - proven by the windows not being broken.

Matt

It's a 2008 model, 998cc, so might be a T2.

I think the spare, space saver was fitted after the crash, as you can see, probably the main inpact was on this side. The right front is flat as well.

The force had to be quite small as the only bumper and headlight were damaged, but you can definitely see it was in the air pirouetting. Weird collision.

Btw. the guy says it's for around £4000, repaired £8600 ...

that really wouldnt be a leagaly viable repair. the extent of the damage i would say would put it at a cat B loss

Are those rules the same in all countries regarding insurance write-offs....

Might be different in Poland...

I went onto the Polish toyota site to review the spec sheet, but my polish didn't get me very far....

I'll have to print it off and take it into the local Lidl to ask at the till....

They do some nice different accessories though - chrome trim for the exterior mirrors and front foglights.....

I was trying to see if all Polish models got all the airbags or whether some get a lesser spec like the UK, but I couldn't interpret anything....

Looks like the drivers side impact (ripped wing, burst tyre/wheel, bumper and headlight damage) and as already stated, rolled.

A survivable accident if seat belts were being worn otherwise it would have been like sitting in a washing machine on a spin cycle. The main passenger compartment is relatively intact with no major deformity to the safety cell. Right hand side windows are still intact.

Agree with the side airbags comment, they were essential in this situation, and also the knee airbag as it looks like the initial impact was from the front.

Does anyone know the facts behind this and if the occupants walked away from it?

More proof that the Yaris is a tough car :thumbsup:

I was trying to see if all Polish models got all the airbags or whether some get a lesser spec like the UK, but I couldn't interpret anything....

We have T2, TR and TSpirit. In PL they offer Terra, terra start, luna, luna start, sol, prestige and the whole solar system.

All the cars come only with driver and pass airbags. Only the last models, sol and prestige come with fitted curtains and sides. No mentioned about knee one. I think they don't care?

terra and terra start don't even have electric windows.. back to stone age, I guess. No electric mirrors, no leather gear lever, no leather on steering wheel, no sat-nav, no aircon.

Generally said, buy only sol and prestige, the rest is just T2 model with little spec difference.

They offer optional extras: white (which I'd really like in my TR) and yellow paint, beige interior post-80531-1249825458_thumb.jpg, headlamp protectors post-80531-1249825879_thumb.jpg, chrome mirrors, chrome boot finish, very nice chrome side panels, chrome floor panels, chrome exhaust pipe, spoiler and many alloys.

http://www.toyota.pl/Images/akcesoria_yaris_2009.pdf full catalogue (I REALLY like the 12th page ;) )

"Does anyone know the facts behind this and if the occupants walked away from it?"

No info, just for sale. I'd say, they're ok, maybe in schock.

(I REALLY like the 12th page ;) )

12th page is gorgeous, a great accessory, problem is, if you have the 12th page you will end up with a page 18 which is not so good :lol:

LOL reece! :lol:

Love the side skirts and the rear spoiler! They really suit the car, some 17's or 18's would be smart aswell. B)

that really wouldnt be a leagaly viable repair. the extent of the damage i would say would put it at a cat B loss

Yeah I thought the same too...well in England that is, I have no idea about Polish legislation!

When you have someone in the garage that you know or will pay extra, then as long as the wheels spin, the car is MOTd all right :D

You'll fail MOT if i.e. you have spongy brake pedal or 10-20degrees of loose steering. I think anything else is fine...

Just look at our roads.. 2 years with 7000-8000 miles and the car is in condition as if you were after 100 000 miles Dakar rally.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links