Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Yaris After A Good Clean/polish :)

Dan1862

i must say, i LOVE those eyebrows! But that cold air feed might need neatening up a bit! What is the exhaust do you know?

I've actually no idea who made the exhaust, I'll jack it up and have a looksee when it comes back from the garage, it is definately Japanese in origin, that much I know!

I've also been looking for something to tidy up that cold air feed, but the shops seem a bit thin on the ground over here, I was thinking something in anodised red, if I can find something ... just gotta keep looking :)

i am not sure what to say, but being honest does not necessarily mean being jealous, people give you opinions i thought that's why you post on the forum

le sigh, methinks you doth taketh me to seriouthly... there was a winky smiley at the end of my sentence and everything ... but in all seriousness ... "it looks a bit tatty, sorry" isn't exactly a constructive post either in the grand scheme of things, (after all, where's the explanation behind the reasoning?) and don't see you going after Reece for that one, but there you go, your choice.

I thought, overall, my comment was tongue in cheek enough, because after all... the car hardly looks tatty at all, in fact it's probably THE single cleanest example of a 1st gen Yaris that I've seen over here in NZ, and now she's mine, allllll mine mwu hah hah hah hah.

Dan, does your car have the T-Sport interior? ie, the black & grey bucket seats and analogue dials?

I allways thought that the Vitz rs was a 1.5, like the T-Sports over here. :unsure:

Dan, does your car have the T-Sport interior? ie, the black & grey bucket seats and analogue dials?

I allways thought that the Vitz rs was a 1.5, like the T-Sports over here. :unsure:

indeed it does... in primo condition too! you'd hardly know it was a used car, the last person who owned it kept it in such good condition :) I bought it because it does have all the sports interior, because (and no offense intended to anyone who doesn't have the sports version) the normal interior on the yaris is just so drab! I do love the digital dash, but it's a tradeoff, and I'm afraid I prefer the interior with the anologue dash, if that's what it takes to get the nicer seats and dash! I'm not sure if it's the same in the UK, but the mk 1 Yaris/Echo/Vitz over here is grey throughout! Seriously, it's almost as depressing as owning a Nissan Micra with the plastic fantastic! But the RS is exactly the same as the T-Sport, except that you can get a 1.3 version as well, which I opted for as I like the speedyness, but I already have 70/100 demerrit points on my NZ license, so if I get caught speeding again I'm up excrement creak without a paddle for 3 months!!!!

I'll never know why they put the anologue dash back into the sports edition though... must have been a few Yen saved somewhere to keep the price down I guess.

Hopefully get it back from the garage today as well, as it developed a fault wherein the power mirror wouldn't turn off, so it kept trying to open, because on the Jap models you get the power folding mirrors too, just to stop the would be scum bags from snapping off your mirrors ... of course, as proven, it is just one more thing that can go wrong though, but overall, Toyotas have a great rep, probably better than Nissan, Mazda and Mitsi if we're honest... after all, the only things you need to keep them on the road are a socket set and some WD40, as proven by Top Gear :D heh heh

I think that body kit is either a "you like it or you dont" and I dont think I do.......imo it seems a bit too busy, to much sticking out here and there...it might look better if it could be blended and maybe lowered????

I think that body kit is either a "you like it or you dont" and I dont think I do.......imo it seems a bit too busy, to much sticking out here and there...it might look better if it could be blended and maybe lowered????

I know what you mean... personally, when I saw it, I fell in love with it because it's such an aggro look, I like the way everything juts out myself, it does need to go into the body shop at some point though, because the person who got it off the boat when it arrived here (in NZ) managed to crack the front bumper, so maybe some work in there somewhere... as for lowering though, that's a really BAD life choice, as it is I have to drive over speed humps at an angle so that I don't scrape the kit, and the carpark at work is the same, if it was any lower, I'd just get stuck on things!! lol

I like it, but not so sure about the rear. It kinda juts downwards (the rear bumper) and looks a bit strange when you look at it on the side, not your fault though, it's the shape of the YARIS. I like the sporty model's but I could never trade for the analog dash, I prefer my speedo digital.

Your right about excessive plastic, but other cars have cloth, woodgrain, and the new Corsa in the UK has this shiny black stuff surrounding the radio and heater controls and so on and it shows up every bit of dust and every finger print *SHRUG*, Cloth gets filthy, leather can crack (more of a prob in NZ and OZ), wood grain is er wood grain, all have advantage/disadvantage. If Yaris dash wasn't so large, would be less plastic. If Ford Festiva dash wasn't so small would be more plastic. Besides, wack on a bit of armoral once a week and it shines and glistens like new EASY EASY EASY!

Anyway, I like your car and I wish my Yaris was black!!!

I like it, but not so sure about the rear. It kinda juts downwards (the rear bumper) and looks a bit strange when you look at it on the side, not your fault though, it's the shape of the YARIS. I like the sporty model's but I could never trade for the analog dash, I prefer my speedo digital.

Your right about excessive plastic, but other cars have cloth, woodgrain, and the new Corsa in the UK has this shiny black stuff surrounding the radio and heater controls and so on and it shows up every bit of dust and every finger print *SHRUG*, Cloth gets filthy, leather can crack (more of a prob in NZ and OZ), wood grain is er wood grain, all have advantage/disadvantage. If Yaris dash wasn't so large, would be less plastic. If Ford Festiva dash wasn't so small would be more plastic. Besides, wack on a bit of armoral once a week and it shines and glistens like new EASY EASY EASY!

Anyway, I like your car and I wish my Yaris was black!!!