Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol Consumption

Korny_Yaris

Morning,

After watching top gear last night I noticed all the cars digitally told them how much petrol they had left in their car (how many miles they could do on what they have left)

Basically is there any setting on the Yaris Tsport that tells me this? if so how do i find it?

Thanks.

Its on your trip computer which shows the display on your radio. Press the Trip/Navi button to scroll through the readings.

Iv tried that but cant seem 2 find it. isit the 1 on the radio display or the 1 next 2 the speedo?

i watched top gear last night too and it just shows that the trip computers arnt as acurate as they tell you it is..even the presenters were amazed that they drove for over 800 miles on 1 tank of petrol and the jag still had enough for over 100 miles even though the screen told him many miles ago that there was no petrol left in it.

in my tr 1.0 im supposed to get around 58 mpg but while im driving my computer says im averaging around 80 mpg !!! it is either reading 99.9 or reading 60 mpg while im on the motorway,i do drive carefully and try and plan as ahead as i can but im gobsmacked just how much iove saved in petrol driving the yaris ,i used to drive a astra 1.4 merit and i used to put init about 20 pounds a week and all i did was drive to work and go shopping to bolton or wigan once a week but in the yaris i put 30 pounds in last week and ive drove to manchester 3 times ,drove to manchester airport,drove to lake district,drove to the shops and lots of other places and its still on half !! thats amazing value and if im driving just to work and shopping like i used the astra for 20 pounds lasts me 3 weeks now ..brilliant .and sure in a way id wished id got the 1.3 but this has saved me much more money and i still get upto 90 mph on the motorway with no shake ..top car

in my tr 1.0 im supposed to get around 58 mpg but while im driving my computer says im averaging around 80 mpg !!! it is either reading 99.9 or reading 60 mpg while im on the motorway,

Are you looking at the correct reading? There is an instant mpg and an average mpg. The average mpg wouldn’t change that drastically.

and i still get upto 90 mph on the motorway with no shake ..top car

It is not a good idea to admit on an open public forum that you break the national speed limit by 20 MPH on a public road ;)

and i still get upto 90 mph on the motorway with no shake ..top car

It is not a good idea to admit on an open public forum that you break the national speed limit by 20 MPH on a public road ;)

It’s a private motorway :thumbsup:

yep reece i know theres two read outs one which changes every few seconds and one which updates much slowly ..the one which changes very quickly gives me the 99.9 read out regular now at first when i bought it it was all over the place but now ive got used to driving it and understand its ways its at 99.9 most of the timei drive at 30 and have it in 3/4 gear depending on the terrain and its always at around 2500 revs which i was told was a really good place to be in.

and when i click over to the slower updated read out thats always well over 60 even though its only supposed to do about 56/58mpg..too be honest i dont trust them and after watching top gear i deffinatly know the read outs and car manufacturers quotes are wrong they can give you a rough estimate but most read outs are under what they can actually do ..i also saw i 5th gear and a show on discovery turbo that also said the samething they tried out various cars that were supposed to do so many mpgs and they played them off against the new prius and the prius gave the worst mpgs even though on paper the cars they were testing against it were supposed to do less they all ended up doing much much more than the prius.

all the presenters said that the mpgs should only be used as a guide and only use the read outs as a guide and said to get the most mpgs fill up your car as early as you can and said its perfect at around 4am as the pumps are really cold then and the petrol is thicker so you get slightly more than you would filling up at after 1pm when the pumps are much hotter and the fuel flows thinner and quicker

any1 got an answer? seen as you have hijacked my thread!!!

any1 got an answer? seen as you have hijacked my thread!!!

What was the question? :unsure:

Not sure if the phase one Yaris has a trip computer. If you press the Navi button on the radio (phase 2) it scrolls through all the readings.

The two rubber buttons by the speedo are for the display light and changing the trip.

What reece said originally is correct. If it doesn't work then the phase 1 mustnt have it. The phase 2 does.

Morning,

After watching top gear last night I noticed all the cars digitally told them how much petrol they had left in their car (how many miles they could do on what they have left)

Basically is there any setting on the Yaris Tsport that tells me this? if so how do i find it?

Thanks.

sorry mate i didnt hijack your thread youd already been given the answer and i was just commenting on the top gear program ill go get you a tamazipan too calm you down before your mpg goes threw the roof lol

Some cars have it, but I don't think the original Yaris has. Not sure about the Mk2 (2006+) one.

But at least you lot have an MPG reading!

All the D4D version of the Yaris has is an (inaccurate) average speed gauge! :crybaby:

Morning,

Thanks.

sorry mate i didnt hijack your thread youd already been given the answer and i was just commenting on the top gear program ill go get you a tamazipan too calm you down before your mpg goes threw the roof lol

lol - i was only jokin matey :D

My Mk1 Yaris had the MPG read out (both instant and average) but it didn't have the capability to show "miles to empty".

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links