need a tyre for the front of my rav

told normal tracking £15 and £25 for "3D 4 wheel alignment system "

anyone used this / does it exist?

Thanks

Thanks

There are various names for it but it means that they will do a full check of front and rear geometry. There are also various views on the frequency it should be done but I would only have it done if there was some reason for it like it "crabbing", pulling or scrubbing rear tyres etc. The equipment is only as good as the person using it and RAV geometry is quite sophisticated and fully adjustable front and rear.

Thanks

There are various names for it but it means that they will do a full check of front and rear geometry. There are also various views on the frequency it should be done but I would only have it done if there was some reason for it like it "crabbing", pulling or scrubbing rear tyres etc. The equipment is only as good as the person using it and RAV geometry is quite sophisticated and fully adjustable front and rear.

tyre being replaced is worn down to the limit, as it was replaced due to a puncture half way through the life of the rest. However, it has worn more on one side than the other. The other front tyre is ok.

Going to place the new spare on the front with a new purchased tyre and the half worn ok tyre as the spare.

toyo transpath £109 plus the £25 it looks like!!!!!

ooops re reading your comment, its the front as you know which are wearing, the place offers front wheel laser for £15 - this appears to be the best solution as the rear are fine

would you agree?

Thanks

tyre being replaced is worn down to the limit, as it was replaced due to a puncture half way through the life of the rest. However, it has worn more on one side than the other. The other front tyre is ok.

Going to place the new spare on the front with a new purchased tyre and the half worn ok tyre as the spare.

ooops re reading your comment, its the front as you know which are wearing, the place offers front wheel laser for £15 - this appears to be the best solution as the rear are fine

would you agree?

Thats all I would do. Dunner trouble trouble!!!

Thanks

would you agree?

Thats all I would do. Dunner trouble trouble!!!

Cheers

Errr ;) ;) ;)

Is it not best to replace tyres in pairs on the RAV... keeping the same tread depth on axle....

Errr ;) ;) ;)

Is it not best to replace tyres in pairs on the RAV... keeping the same tread depth on axle....

Hi Chatman - not sure what you mean?

Thanks

Errr ;) ;) ;)

Thanks

I mean change two tyres on the same axle at the same time.. having different tread depths and wear on that may cause uneven wear on the transmition... I may be wrong, but I thought that was the case...

I just brought some new one's for my RAV... first the front needed two new.. then had a puncture, thankfully had a spare but was looking rather tyred (pardon pun :D ) so replaced two rears and kept one as a spare again.... so have four new tyres and a spare with about 7mm left...

Errr ;) ;) ;)

Thanks

I mean change two tyres on the same axle at the same time.. having different tread depths and wear on that may cause uneven wear on the transmition... I may be wrong, but I thought that was the case...

I just brought some new one's for my RAV... first the front needed two new.. then had a puncture, thankfully had a spare but was looking rather tyred (pardon pun :D ) so replaced two rears and kept one as a spare again.... so have four new tyres and a spare with about 7mm left...

Hi - I see what you mean

Have had the car a year and the rears are like new, but the fronts were the odd depths (from when I purchased it)

So I will be fitting the new tyre the same time as the new spare on the front, so they will be the same new tread.

The half worn will be going as the spare.

Thanks for your help

This is a good site for wheel alignment, you would be suprised at just how many people can not actually align wheels, I had a problem with a VW and this guy ran rings round VW master techs.

http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/

Tony is simply the best! :)

He knows how to adjust those computer ramps. Did my vehicles there too. Knows them when I had my Lexus IS200.