Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluetooth Connectivity

Stupidmia

The specs for the SR180 say 'bluetooth connectivity'....what does this mean? Do you have to fit extra kit to get actual bluetooth connected (like the Satnav)?

Do I take it that the two little black things in front of the driver on top of the dash are a mic and speaker?

I'm still waiting for the dealer to get me a new instruction manual....

Cheers ;)

It depends on whether you have Sav Nav fitted to the car.

If you don't, then you have their after market system Bluetooth_Aftermarket.pdf

If you have Sat Nav, then the bluetooth is fitted within the system and is reasonably easy to set up (NCIS is on in a bit so I'll post something tomorrow if you have!) :)

The two black things in front of you are the light sensor for the auto lights and a sensor for the climate control ;)

The specs for the SR180 say 'Bluetooth connectivity'....what does this mean? Do you have to fit extra kit to get actual bluetooth connected (like the Satnav)?

Do I take it that the two little black things in front of the driver on top of the dash are a mic and speaker?

I'm still waiting for the dealer to get me a new instruction manual....

Cheers ;)

If you have the SatNav fitted like the T180 it works through that but check that your mobile works ok with it - two of my families did not but a S/H Nokia 6021 bought cheaply on eBay is fine - the main complaint is outgoing volume ie the other person you might be speaking to only gets a low volume even if the Toyota bluetooth set up is set to the highest setting - do ask for a test if you are buying a new mobile - I did not with a new Samsung and it did not work with my T180 and as it was a few weeks old when the problem was finally established the Car Phone Warehouse would not change it!!

Guy

Not necesarily...

Firstly, as far as I know, the "things" on the dash are the sensors for automatic lights / wipers. I think all RAVs have them installed, although not all have the actual functionality. (Like my one).

bluetooth connectivity came with new XTRs (08 on), but I am not sure about the SRs. The mic is usually velcro'd to the roof, above the centre console (or other convenient place). Speakers are.. umm Speakers. :) bluetooth uses the car's stereo Speakers to pump the sound through (and conveniently mutes the radio when the call comes in.

The easiest way to check for bluetooth presence that I can think of : Press and hold the round button on your steering wheel for a few seconds (2-3). (No, not the horn! :) ) - the stereo controls one, says "MODE" on it (I think). (Obviously the ignition needs to be "on" at the time to power the Bluetooth.)

If the car suddenly says "Phone Menu!" or "Setup menu!" then you have Bluetooth installed.

I find it to be a really useful bit of kit and I think it only costs about 200-odd quid as an add-on. You can ask Kingo (PartsKing) for the cost of parts / installation.

If we get that far, we can then figure out a way to get you the manual or I can outline some basic functions, like how to pair-up a phone and make a basic call. Good rule of thumb - If in doubt, say "HELP" back at the car when it talks to you... :)

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Take care with this!!!

XTRs had bluetooth fitted at the import centre and have the remote mic' velcroed onto the headliner. T180s and XT5s had it built in and the mic is concieled - I think into the overhean switch panel for the interior lights etc.

The kit is good and the only reason I don't get it is that I'm not in the car enough to justify the £200.

Tried pressing that 'mode' button for a few secs and it switches the stereo off!

Was there a difference in SR180 specs from week to week? All reviews on the web say it has the connectivity...but what qualifies a manufacturer to state this? is it the fact that you can install the satnav and it will work?

Some specs say the driver side lumbar support is electric...mine has a pump-action?

For the first few SR180s, did they perhaps use up the T180 bits, then go stingy on the rest?

Mine is a July 08.

everywhere mentions Hill start assist....I understand it is a system that holds the brake for a short while whilst the foot moves to the accelerator...but how is it activated?

It's all very confusing?????? :huh:

Tried pressing that 'mode' button for a few secs and it switches the stereo off!

Was there a difference in SR180 specs from week to week? All reviews on the web say it has the connectivity...but what qualifies a manufacturer to state this? is it the fact that you can install the satnav and it will work?

Some specs say the driver side lumbar support is electric...mine has a pump-action?

For the first few SR180s, did they perhaps use up the T180 bits, then go stingy on the rest?

Mine is a July 08.

everywhere mentions Hill start assist....I understand it is a system that holds the brake for a short while whilst the foot moves to the accelerator...but how is it activated?

Hill start:

Put your foot hard on the footbrake till you get a beep from the system. You can then release the handbrake without the vehicle rolling backwards. From memory the effect lasts for about 5 seconds and allows you to get the clutch to bite before it releases the brake.

Cheers Chris....will try that out (when nobody around)

Mine is a July 08.

Sorry. Sounds like you don't have bluetooth installed. (At least not the kind I know) That is exactly what my stereo behaved like before they installed bluetooth module.

I thought that XT5/T180s had controls on two spokes of the steering wheel; The right side controls the phone and left does the stereo. In XT4/R the left set of buttons is "overloaded", in computer geek terms, to also do bluetooth phone controls, as well as stereo controls. And as Anchorman says, the Bluetooth is an add-on module that is installed in import centres. There are other kinds of BT systems/controls, as pdf above show...

I have never seen one of them SR-things. I thought that they are to T180 what XTRs are to XT4s - main goodies there but slightly less "frills". Didn't realise they didn't have bluetooth. (new) XTRs come with BT as standard, so I thought your one might also have the same kind.

You can always ask the dealer to let you know what you car has fitted to it.

Oh, and when your RAV goes in for a service and you wrangle a courtesy RAV, it will have Blutooth and you'll want it. :) That's how I got suckered in... Then again, maybe it is just me...my list of add-ons always had tech-toys before bullbars, side steps etc.

The thing I miss the most is an AUX input for the stereo. US model has it, and I am really annoyed we don't get it. Maybe I sohuld ask Kingo, if there is a Toyota kit for AUX input. Not the iPod, just plain old 3.5mm AUX...

Anyways... three5 got you sorted with the hillstart, so I'll bow out here.

Just to add.............

The hill start control will positively not work with the handbrake on.

For info - the new model RAVs have the 3.5mm aux in socket in the centre box but loses the accessory socket in there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links