Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Avensis

Gribbo

Hi,

Took delivery of Avensis T4 Tourer 2.2 DCAT 180 this week with 28 miles on the clock, nice change on the Vectra 1.9 CDTI 150 Exclusive I had before & the 3 other Vauxhall's before that! Here are some pics:

Avensis1.jpg

Avensis3.jpg

Avensis4.jpg

Avensis2.jpg

Inside2.jpg

Inside3.jpg

Inside1.jpg

Added chrome fog-light surrounds & chrome grille numberplate surround today, thanks to John (Parts-King) for ordering those up for me.

Brodit clip holds the Sat-Nav in place, & IPOD is connected via Griffin AutoPilot play & charge adapter, sounds great now it is no longer using headphone output.

Spider tuning box also fitted on standardm factory settings, last car I drove that had this kind of in-gear accelaration was a Vectra VXR!!!

That looks nice.... you must consider getting the chrome door strips too :yes:

11-06-09002.jpg

super looking car my friend i shall be getting me back side in to one of these in the new year. looks like a nice place to be siting .best of luck with it.

That's looking cool, like the fog surrounds. Mine is the same colour T4 but only the 150 2.2D4d, I too came from a Vectra cdti 150 but mine was highly modded with custom leather, on 18"s & Vxr styling pack, were you on Vectra-c.com by any chance? I had a Spider box on the Vec giving it 195bhp, I'd be very tempted to add one on the Avensis

That looks nice.... you must consider getting the chrome door strips too :yes:

11-06-09002.jpg

They do look nice, & expensive!! :rolleyes:

Will defo consider them though!

:)

That's looking cool, like the fog surrounds. Mine is the same colour T4 but only the 150 2.2D4d, I too came from a Vectra cdti 150 but mine was highly modded with custom leather, on 18"s & Vxr styling pack, were you on Vectra-c.com by any chance? I had a Spider box on the Vec giving it 195bhp, I'd be very tempted to add one on the Avensis

Yeah, I was on vectra-c for a while myself , also had a box fitted to my vec 150, not a spider tho...but ended up selling box to a mate who wanted it more than me! Have only fitted spider box to see if it works, & it sure does!! Disconnected now, when engine has done 1000 miles will refit & tweak it to my driving & liking. Impressed so far with engine & spider box, surprised a few Audi 3.0 TDI & BMW's on a straight dual carriageway, they would leave me standing on a twisty B-road though...

Ride seems quite hard for a car that doesn't handle very well, along with road noise at motorway speeds, but apart from that happy overall.

If they could make it handle & ride like the Insignia/Mondeo it would be awesome.

:D

Your not wrong on the handling, my first Vec C was a 2.2 Elegance, the T4 Avensis is a similar luxury spec & the same poor handling. My last Vec C had the 18" wheels which included a sports suspension package, I also has ESP & IDS as an option, the IDS "interactive driving system" which stiffened the suspension on the fly & te car actually handled brilliantly. I've driven nothing but Vauxhalls for the last 20 years so the toyota is something totally new.

I'd be very keen to try some lowering springs to see if they would improve the handling.

The other things that annoy me are the poor quality plastics, far too soft they mark sooo easily & the dealers so far have been worse than useless, my rear bumper doesn't fit correctly & over a month & several phone calls later I've still no answer as to when they will replace it, even though they admitted it has broken clips & needs replacing.

Congrats on new car.

I too was a Vauxhall driver (Carlton/Omegas for 15 years, Cavalier before that ) before the recent change to an Avensis.

I agree that the Vectra drove better (test drove 1 before buying the Avensis) but it was such a gloomy cabin compared to the Avensis - & that was an Elite!

I also agree that once you have lived with the car for a while there are some obvious Toyota penny pinching areas - which seems at odds with some of the thought/cost that obviously went into other areas :dontgetit:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Took delivery of Avensis T4 Tourer 2.2 DCAT 180 this week with 28 miles on the clock, nice change on the Vectra 1.9 CDTI 150 Exclusive I had before & the 3 other Vauxhall's before that! Here are some pics:

Brodit clip holds the Sat-Nav in place, & IPOD is connected via Griffin AutoPilot play & charge adapter, sounds great now it is no longer using headphone output.

Spider tuning box also fitted on standardm factory settings, last car I drove that had this kind of in-gear accelaration was a Vectra VXR!!!

Taking delivery of my Avensis T4 Tourer on Tuesday 1st Sept. (The anticipation reminds me of waiting for Christmas to around when I was a 10 years old)

I'm interested in the Brodit clip for your sat nav - who did buy it from and do you know which model / reference number it is?

I had a Spider box on the Vec giving it 195bhp, I'd be very tempted to add one on the Avensis

Well if you want a tuning kit........Kingo's yer man :yes: In stock ready to go!

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'm interested in the Brodit clip for your sat nav - who did buy it from and do you know which model / reference number it is?

I have used DSL developments and they were okay !!!

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links