Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New To The Forum Could Do With Some Help/advice

Brian26

Hi all,

I have a two year old T180 that is shortly going to need new tyres. After being quoted by my local Toyota dealer nearly £300 per tyre fitted I am seriously considering other options! As yet I am undecided about whether to cut off the support band and use the existing rims or to buy new rims and tyres. I have done a bit of checking on the 'net' but I cant seem to find out how wide the rims are. I am not really interested in increasing the rim diameter so I want rims that I can fit the existing tyre size to ie 235/55/18H. Could anybody tell me how wide the rims are please? I also see that in the handbook for the car it states that if the TPMS system does not detect any tyre pressure sensors then it is disabled. Does anybody know whether it does this itself of do I have to take it to the dealer and have the sensors deleted. :unsure:

Thanks in anticipation

Bri

PS. Bought the Rav specifically to tow with. What a brilliant tow car, I know that I am a mere novice when it comes to caravanning but the Rav was quiet comfortable and very stable even in blustery winds so 10/10 from me.

Thanks for the reply jedi134

Yes I have read it, and am probably going to go down that route but unless I am missing something it tells me how to remove the support bands etc but doesn't mention the wheel width. ( Needed to purchase an alloy for the spare) Once again thanks.

Bri

They are 18X7.5J wheels.

You need wheels with a PCD (basically the diameter of a circle that passes through the 5 studs) of 114.3mm, an offset of between 35 and 45mm and a bore of 60.1mm

They are 18X7.5J wheels.

You need wheels with a PCD (basically the diameter of a circle that passes through the 5 studs) of 114.3mm, an offset of between 35 and 45mm and a bore of 60.1mm

Thanks for the info anchorman.

Bri :)