Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"clunk" From The Back-end ... Just After Setting Off ..

Zincubus

We get the same CLUNK from the back , usually within the first minute or so as I shoot out of a side street into oncoming traffic :) It BANGS when I am changing from first to second .. maybe just after taking my foot of the gas - normally cold wet mornings !!

Anyways , got to look under our Rav today and he showed my the two diff/ suspension bushes ... one either side of the diff ant the rear of the car. Anyways ONE was fine but the other looked as though it had either rotted away or slipped out of place and wasn't working .

He's going to ring me with a price.

Any ideas what it should be costing me to have it renewed/replaced by the local garage ??

We get the same CLUNK from the back , usually within the first minute or so as I shoot out of a side street into oncoming traffic :) It BANGS when I am changing from first to second .. maybe just after taking my foot of the gas - normally cold wet mornings !!

Anyways , got to look under our Rav today and he showed my the two diff/ suspension bushes ... one either side of the diff ant the rear of the car. Anyways ONE was fine but the other looked as though it had either rotted away or slipped out of place and wasn't working .

He's going to ring me with a price.

Any ideas what it should be costing me to have it renewed/replaced by the local garage ??

£1.99 buys you a tube of silicon sealant type stuff that goes semi hard, whilst remaining flexible....and fill the bush with the stuff.

If its not the bush type that will take filler, then replacement is the only answer and the best source is Parts king. As the diff mount goes soft, it can allow the diff to rotate/slip out of its bush. Hence the clunk. If the diff mount is that bad, the rear suspension bushes won't be much better.

I had my bushes done at 80k miles and the whole rear end was floating around on very worn bushes - eg the bushes on the trailing arm. Does the diff not mount on 1 bush?