Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Normal Car Looking Silly

Nicola

Almost got to work this morning when I was distracted. <_<

I work in a a little office in fairly wealthy small village and often see some nice cars.

Unfortunately today, the road outside my work contained a rover 75.

Nothing special, you think to yourself...........but the car had flip paint.

What is this doing on an old mans car?

I understand (but don't like) kids doing flip paint on novas etc. And I do accept it on TVR's and a few others, but a rover 75? Are the pensioners getting into the custom scene?

It made me laugh anyway. :lol:

Anyone else seen something not quite right (not including the max power cars)?

Nah the 75's are now aimed at the young exec! hence that we now do about 5 different flip paints and to be fair they are all pretty **** hot, im gunna get me yaris sprayed up in MGrover Mirage, it goes ice blue to purple to silver, damn nice i tell thee!

Even my dad thinks he is too young for a rover 75 and he is 50.

Sensibly he picked a lexus.

Round bodied cars can take the flip the best.

Personal taste I guess :)

Nah the 75's are now aimed at the young exec! hence that we now do about 5 different flip paints and to be fair they are all pretty **** hot, im gunna get me yaris sprayed up in MGrover Mirage, it goes ice blue to purple to silver, damn nice i tell thee!

Well, Rover arnt doing a very good job at marketing then. I see myself as a young exec (and drive a Lex IS), and I think the 75 is an old mans car...

But on the topic, i have seen a couple of Nissan Micras in Rage (flip) paint. One of them was driven by a member of the blue-rinse brigade!!! :huh: so i guess its an option nowadays..

Nah u wudnt, i think rovers opinion of advertising is writing on a **** donkey.

But they are very underated cars, spesh the MGZS 180 and the new ZT with the 4.6Litre V8 from a mustang! rear wheel drive !Removed!!

If it's the prupley-pink & silver/pearl one - it's currently parked outside Pheonix MG Dealership just up the road from my work... YUK!

nah theres a special name for the colour series, mirage is one of the colours, they are all pretty good.

why is a saxo a crap car eircam?

But they are very underated cars, spesh the MGZS 180 and the new ZT with the 4.6Litre V8 from a mustang! rear wheel drive !Removed!!

and sometime later they're supposed to be bringing out a 5.2ltr with super charger with an option of haveing NOS fitted think the mustang engine will be ok not sure about the car!!

I think the flip paint on the ZT looks pretty dudey.

Best suited to TVR's however, but I don't see why it can't be done to some other cars without looking good.

saying flippaint on a saxo/nova is pathetic is all good and well, and i agree.. but for me modding is about style, and if the car has style then the flip paint looks good.

on the right car i say yes.

Something else silly I spotted this evening on my way home from work was a moped/scooter thingy with neons on it's underside :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Muppetry I tells ya! :lol::lol:

This morning I saw a battered old Renault 11 GTL with shiny new 19" alloys. That was the only modification. One rim was worth more than the rest of the car :lol:

and sometime later they're supposed to be bringing out a 5.2ltr with super charger with an option of haveing NOS fitted think the mustang engine will be ok not sure about the car!!

Yeah thatl be on the MG Xpower SV

we're guna be an Xpower Dealer and our MD has ordered one with the progressive NOS system 790BHP i think it is FROM THE FACTORY! suck that Lambo!

we're guna be an Xpower Dealer and our MD has ordered one with the progressive NOS system 790BHP i think it is FROM THE FACTORY! suck that Lambo!

Buggati and crysler can relax tho ;)

XAn I just add Nitrous is very overated... its NOTHING like a well balanced power curve :thumbsup:

rover do flip paint on annerversary models on discos and freelanders too (i used to work at a 4x4 garage) and nissan do it as an option,

as for sad moped riders with neons i had a moped and tto much time any money tuned it to the max to beat any other 50 and polished and chromed evry thing custom body work the lot wanted to be individual, in end ppl caught on and copied so i sold it,

plus moddin a moped is the cheap end i'm addicted to modyfyin have bin since very young, each to there own i suppose

:thumbsup:

My Camry has Flip paint, or color changing paint as we call it in the states. I think we are talking about the same thing.

In nice sun it's a deep green, add a little shade it's blue.

Get it cold and dark it's black.

It's cool, when I open the door in the sun the top is green and the jams where the sun isn't it's blue.

But this can lead to problems if you don't pay attition to where you park on a bright day. Because if the sun sets at all, you have to look for a car that is a different color than you parked.

I have seen two other Camry's over here that do it also.

My probe has flip paint... silvery blue and pink form some angles.

its about as pleasant as it sounds :hokus-pokus:

i have flip on my tubby. sometimes it looks red, most of the time it looks :censor: pink! :lol: :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links