Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Switching Audible Seatbelt Warning Off On 107 C1 Aygo

rbeanz

I don't have kids, and I find the best way of avoiding a serious accident is NOT to drive like a numpty. I've been driving nearly as long as you've been alive, and I'm still here, so save your insults for someone else, woman.

Demonic wasn't insulting anyone, in fact she put her view across very well, it just differs from yours and mine. No wrong and right answer here I think and it's good to hear both sides of the coin.

As an aside, I find it highly amusing that Toyota think it necessary to put a seatbelt warning beep on a 68bhp car whilst about to launch a road car that will do 200+ mph. :wacko: I guess that has a two tone warning beep coz it's a Lexus :lol:

Regards

Andy

I'm puzzled. Had my Blue for two weeks now and never heard a seatbelt bleep, though the light comes on.

Only time I don't wear my seat belt is when I'm reversing into the garage.

The 'headlights on' bleep is working fine.

Does that mean my seatbelt bleep is faulty? :unsure:

It DOES sound in reverse, I tested that.

But you have to keep in mind that you have to

be going faster than 10mph for the beep to sound.

I doubt if Fireflie reverses into a garage at even 5mph...

I didn't realise posting a simple reminder on how to switch the beeps off would prove so controversial :lol:

Yes I USUALLY wear my seatbelt but occasionally don't for nipping around a car-park for example. Just like I usually drink in moderation, but sometimes you just need to get absolutely s**t-faced for the fun of it.

If Gordon Brown and his control freak government want to come round to mine, I'll happily let them monitor my seatbelt useage, alcohol and tobacco consumption, the amount of veg I eat, how much sleep I get, and how much CO2 I produce, but at the end of the day, I'm a big boy now and probably far more capable of judging the risks I expose myself to than most of the under 25 yr olds out there who have grown up in their risk-assessed cotton-wool environments. I've ridden sportsbikes at 170mph on the autobahn, free-fallen over 50 miles (total) from a plane without serious injury, but apparently need to be beeped at to protect me from myself in my car. The expression F Off springs to mind

I've ridden sportsbikes at 170mph on the autobahn, free-fallen over 50 miles (total) from a plane without serious injury, but apparently need to be beeped at to protect me from myself in my car. The expression F Off springs to mind

No need to write autobann, we know which country it was in really ;) :)

Good point. They could have at least had a sense of humour and programmed it to play the Death March.

Regards

Andy

I've ridden sportsbikes at 170mph on the autobahn, free-fallen over 50 miles (total) from a plane without serious injury, but apparently need to be beeped at to protect me from myself in my car. The expression F Off springs to mind

Good point. They could have at least had a sense of humour and programmed it to play the Death March.

Regards

Andy

zakelew - I totally resent your suggestion that I would indulge in such reckless and dangerous behaviour on a bike on a Uk road. I wish to categorically state that I have never done anything close to those speeds in the Uk. It was at least 5mph slower :lol:

Regards

Andy

zakelew - I totally resent your suggestion that I would indulge in such reckless and dangerous behaviour on a bike on a Uk road. I wish to categorically state that I have never done anything close to those speeds in the Uk. It was at least 5mph slower :lol:

....Deleted memoirs of my youth just in case .... 130mph .. Kwacker .. 50 zone ... imagined.

Now my Aygo does about 100 flat out and being an old fuddy duddy I am quite happy with that. Until I get a downhill with no traffic. ;)

Regards

Andy

• 6 years later...

Apologies for stoking up an old thread, but can someone clarify if disabling the seat belt alarm also disables the headlight on alarm too.

9 hours ago, fordulike said:

Apologies for stoking up an old thread, but can someone clarify if disabling the seat belt alarm also disables the headlight on alarm too.

Try it and see.  Just repeat the procedure to turn it back on again if it doesn't suit your needs.

FWIW it didn't cancel any other beeps in any of my Avensises.

• 7 months later...

I've a couple of recent issues with my Aygo x-pression 15 plate. I see there are many others with the water leaks - which I have too. However, today, on my drive home from work the driver seatbelt light was flashing and the alarm was twittering too! I don't ever drive without the belt on so don't know why it's started doing this. Anyone else having this problem? 

welcome to the forum :smile:

did you have anything heavyish on the passenger seat?

Hi, thank you for your response, the only item on my passenger seat was my handbag - not too heavy either. I do keep the passenger belts locked in position as they tend to clatter about making noise I don't want to hear! The heavier item in the driver seat was myself lol. Drove the car today and there were no issues so I hope it was a little hiccup! 

11 minutes ago, 40lilgemz said:

Hi, thank you for your response, the only item on my passenger seat was my handbag - not too heavy either. I do keep the passenger belts locked in position as they tend to clatter about making noise I don't want to hear! The heavier item in the driver seat was myself lol. Drove the car today and there were no issues so I hope it was a little hiccup! 

Definitely the handbag triggered it. You'll be surprised how sensitive the passenger seat pressure switch is.