Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got A Body Kit ? Think Its Phat

Unity Jon

Mygood friend owns a hydrauilc supply and fit company and he also does chassis work and custom body work, you may have heard of it 'Rayvern hydraulics' Well he's been pretty busy recently hand building this:

J-ASTRA%202.jpg

J-ASTRA%20rear%20on%20stands.jpg

Rear%20painted%20dropped.jpg

J%20at%20Max%20front%20rim%20shot.jpg

just thought you may like a look....

Hope its got some engine mods to pull along the extra weight of a STEEL bodykit??

Very skilled guy though, mucho respect :thumbsup:

this guy has some talent that's for sure! customization at it's maximum, very nice :thumbsup:

suppose it's ok if you like that sort of thing, overdone it with exhaust though. how many of those will actually function?

Looks like they've replaced the standard plastic bumpers with steel - wouldn't like to get into an accident with him :eek: . Wouldn't like to be him in an accident either - think of the repairs if the shock is transmitted through the steel bumper and directly into the body Shell :D

Well I don't suppose he'll ever actually drive the thing :P

If Judge Dread styled cars!!!

It looks mean, but there is some serious craftsmanship in there :thumbsup:

I wonder what he does when he comes to speed bumps!

I can't think of anywhere in Bristol you could drive that without grounding it on some bump or a pothole :lol:

BTW it looks nice, as some others have mentioned though, I don't fancy the idea of steel bumpers much.

jesus! i like!

looks as tho its based on the Astra DTM german touring car

those rims - HOW BIG!

Agreed each to their own. I like the overall shape, but agree about the exhausts - reminds me of the Top Gear thing ;)

So thats the next car to get wheeled around the shows then!!! Makes me laugh went to last years USC at pod big truck pulls up out of it rolls all the cars that were on the Max pooer stand so there really drivable then :rolleyes::rolleyes: Must say though the guy is a master to create that. Take it he's one of the old custom guys?

Simon

with regards to the person who mention speed bumps..rememebr that the guy is an expert in hydrolics as well.. :P :D

was a little harsh on the guy earlier, although i dislike the car because it conforms to max power boys wet dreams....

there is fine worksmanship there, and he does have an idea of angles and curves because although the body kit is HUGE it doesn't look out of place for what it is supposed to be.

disagree with the concept, but a big thumbs up for his skills

:yes:

Looks like a lot of skill, but on an Astra?????

Ever heard the expression you cant polish a turd.....

:lol:

It looks ok, I think it's far too lowered - I hate seeing cars with the wheels almost touching the arches I think it looks very 'chavvy'. Exhause is over the top too - unless he's fitting a massive V8 in which case I can almost forgive that.

Finish looks very good though.

Ever heard the expression you cant polish a !Removed!.....

My thought exactly :D

Ever heard the expression you cant polish a !Removed!.....

My thought exactly :D

I presume you guys aint seen the DTM version of the Astra...

10/10 for crasfsmanship (thats amazing :eek: , I can safely say that as I dabbled in the custon bodywork trade)

as for taste...... thats a different matter.....

one other thing...

an ASTRA????

Still the works top.. and a craftsman cannot take responsibility for a customers taste!!!

I presume you guys aint seen the DTM version of the Astra...

I have - but there's a time & a place for everything - and you've got to remember that under the bodyshell of a DTM car there's a real race car - not your bog standard Astra :D

Plus the DTM car is fibreglass - not steel!!!

If you look at the pic of the rear there are Two hydraulic pumps either side of the exhausts (agreed they're way over kill) so it will lift the car up high enough to get over the most ludicriss speed bumps and dirst roads etc, its fully driveable, Ray wouldn't build a car thats undriveable, but its probably not fast, Even if the kit was made from Fibreglass it'd still weigh loads ! i have a feeling the kit is made from very thin guage steel and looks 'heavier' than it actually is.

Anyone else notice the tiny little doors !? pretty funny.

You wouldn't have a picture of the fully finished car in its entirety? The finish looks excellent on the last pic, but it'd be nice to see the whole car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links