Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To: Install Hid Lights / Take Front Bumper Off

nrgizerbunny

• 1 month later...

great diy bro using this today to fit some new hids in, I got the same but 8k with anti glare so i dont blind people no more. Also doing it the way you did it as i can seal the unit off and not have any condensation. Very tidy job ;)

• 4 months later...

I just fitted my HID's on (without taking bumper off), and have lost one of the plastic covers that was clipped on behind the head light? Would i need a replacement, am i ok without it?

Its the plastic cover that goes on here...

corollahid0040.JPG

I just fitted my HID's on (without taking bumper off), and have lost one of the plastic covers that was clipped on behind the head light? Would i need a replacement, am i ok without it?

Its the plastic cover that goes on here...

corollahid0040.JPG

I'd replace it so that you do not risk any moisture getting into the lamp and the circuitry. ;)

I'd replace it so that you do not risk any moisture getting into the lamp and the circuitry. ;)

Is it ok if i drill a hold in the covers then, for the wires that join to the ballast?

Is it ok if i drill a hold in the covers then, for the wires that join to the ballast?

Yes but you need to buy a rubber seal/gaiter that will stop the moisture getting in. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Why does the beam seem so much higher surely this is not good for other drivers.

• 4 years later...