Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wet Floor, Possible Leak

yaris55

The floor on the passenger side of my Yaris has recently started to get very wet when it rains or after I've washed my car.There is no sign that any water has run down the interior of the car and the mats are never wet on the top, just underneath.It also seems to be much wetter nearer to the seat than in the part where you put your feet.

I spoke to the main dealer who said it will be over £100 for them to strip it down and then obviously I'll have to pay on top of that for the repair depending what they find.I'm reluctant to do this as I don't really trust them as they tried to rip me off once before.

I've read other threads about similar problems to this but air-conditioning has often been mentioned and I don't have that. I'm also concerned that if I don't get it sorted out it might be causing more damage to whatever is under the mat.

Any ideas about what it could be please and a possible way of curing it?

You may have a door leak which ould drip water into the car.

Open passenger door and carefully pour water onto the outside of the window.. and wait to see if any drips out of th door card.

Do you have a sunroof? I seem to remember a thread about a Yaris owner whose sunroof was leaking water into the footwells.

elo mate,the yaris is suffering from the AC drain pipe blocking up.so if you have air con then this could be your problem.if you have get back to me and i can talk you through checking it and unblocking.

elo mate,the yaris is suffering from the AC drain pipe blocking up.so if you have air con then this could be your problem.if you have get back to me and i can talk you through checking it and unblocking.

Although this is common to blocked AC drain pipes, as Yaris55 says doesn't have air con fitted, but please feel free to posting a checking/unblocking guide as many of us i'm sure would benifit in knowing what to do.

Although this is common to blocked AC drain pipes, as Yaris55 says doesn't have air con fitted, but please feel free to posting a checking/unblocking guide as many of us i'm sure would benifit in knowing what to do.

the heater box should still have a drain tube from the unit to the outside through a rubber grommet

in the floor,,the hose goes through the grommet on the passenger floor next to the transmission tunnel

and near the bulkhead,just make sure the hose is clear and through the floor..

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a 2007 Yaris and I noticed the SAME problem...It was right after a really rainy night and I noticed that my passenger side and back seat passenger floors were very wet. I tried to soak up the water as much as possible, and I took out the rubber plugs under each of the seats under the car. Do you have any information on what it could be? I need this problem fixed!