Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Burning Avensis 2004 1.8 Gas

HarryT

:rolleyes: HI I Have A 2004 1.8 AVENSIS 124000 Km on the gauge. Dealership SERVICED(with the records). WITHIN THE LAST 5000 km I HAVE USED ABOUT 6 LITERS OF OIL TOPING IT UP.( I BEEN TOLD IN SERVICE IT IS OK FOR THAT TYPE OF ENGINE BY TOYOTA STANDARDS).

I also have oil sipping throe cylinder block gasket- second gasket from the top (no drips under car) COULD THAT BE A REASON FOR OIL DESPAIRING OR IT IS BURNING?

SO IM USING ABOUT A LITER OF OIL every 1000 kilometers. WOULD THIS BE CLASSED AS AN OIL BURNER AND DO YOU THINK I CAN GET REPAIR THROE EXTENDED SERVICE PLAN?

DEALERSHIP ASKING TO PAY AROUND $900 A YEAR TO PUT ME ON EXTENDED PLAN. :eek:

PLEASE HELP ME to choose ether to pay for repair from my pocket or to pay for extended plan and try to get them to fix it free of charge.

THANKS IN ADVANCE Harry :)

:rolleyes: HI I Have A 2004 1.8 AVENSIS 124000 Km on the gauge. Dealership SERVICED(with the records). WITHIN THE LAST 5000 km I HAVE USED ABOUT 6 LITERS OF OIL TOPING IT UP.( I BEEN TOLD IN SERVICE IT IS OK FOR THAT TYPE OF ENGINE BY TOYOTA STANDARDS).

I also have oil sipping throe cylinder block gasket- second gasket from the top (no drips under car) COULD THAT BE A REASON FOR OIL DESPAIRING OR IT IS BURNING?

SO IM USING ABOUT A LITER OF OIL every 1000 kilometers. WOULD THIS BE CLASSED AS AN OIL BURNER AND DO YOU THINK I CAN GET REPAIR THROE EXTENDED SERVICE PLAN?

DEALERSHIP ASKING TO PAY AROUND $900 A YEAR TO PUT ME ON EXTENDED PLAN. :eek:

PLEASE HELP ME to choose ether to pay for repair from my pocket or to pay for extended plan and try to get them to fix it free of charge.

THANKS IN ADVANCE Harry :)

hi HARRY :)

you're not along with the subject issue.

In case you ve purchase yr car at official dealership then MrT has extended warranty perioud up to seven years subject you are able to prove full service history with respective smaps + dealership signatures, otherwise you ll have to pay from your pocket. THis topic has been negotiating on here a lot of times -- just have that found. The reason nis well known -- in case you need relevant confirmation then I am ready to provide you with over by email.

Cheers/Igor

The car was purchased in official dealership and I am second owner(just got it 2 month ago), but it is not under warranty at the moment.

I spoke to service rep in dealership where car was originally purchase and they told me -most likely it will not be covered, but they have to see and I need to purchased it extended plan ($900 remember) in order for them to check oil every 1000km and then they will decide what can be done.

I understand they play dummies, but I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO SHOULD I PURCHASED PLAN OR JUST SPEND 900 FOR COMPLETE ENGINE OVERHAUL BY NOT AUTHORIZED MECHANIC.

THANK YOU IGOR YOU ARE ROCK, FAST REPLY,

GOOD LUCK FROM LATVIA(RIGA)

Harry

The car was purchased in official dealership and I am second owner(just got it 2 month ago), but it is not under warranty at the moment.

I spoke to service rep in dealership where car was originally purchase and they told me -most likely it will not be covered, but they have to see and I need to purchased it extended plan ($900 remember) in order for them to check oil every 1000km and then they will decide what can be done.

I understand they play dummies, but I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO SHOULD I PURCHASED PLAN OR JUST SPEND 900 FOR COMPLETE ENGINE OVERHAUL BY NOT AUTHORIZED MECHANIC.

THANK YOU IGOR YOU ARE ROCK, FAST REPLY,

GOOD LUCK FROM LATVIA(RIGA)

Harry

Harry / Igor

hello again

1) I strictly recomend you to read thru this or similar topics on here and source an exctracted page from GB where MrT clearly prolonged warranty period upto seven years.

2) Your dealership has not confirmed even in writing that after you've paid of USD900.00 the car will be under warranty, but only told their intentions to check with oil consumption each 1k kms ---- you could check it by yourself :) without paying -- correct?

3) Nothing can be done even they will disclose that the engine drinks too much oil, but only three ways are exsist:

- engine overhauling with cleaning for the next running period (arround 50k kms)

- short motor (cyl block assly with crankshaft + con rods + pistons w/rings) assly changing under new Toyota warranty;

- to change lubrication schedule and use more viscoosity oil.

I was about to change this schedule but sold the car prior.

The reason of this issue is that the pistons have been designed with roughly mistake and overheated. It woould be necesssary to have them cooled by an oil jets from oil main, but .......... As a result of this overheating all piston skirt oil drain holes are being clogged by an oil slags as vissible on the photo. And it is undeerstood the oil can not be scrapped but sucted into combustion chcamber.

Good luck/Igor

post-46303-1251266330_thumb.jpg

In additional:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Have a look at this word format that is self explained.

post-46303-1251266978_thumb.jpg

post-46303-1251266992_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't worked on Toyota for nearly 5 years but was a master tech. Problem with this engine was a fault with the coating on the piston rings which wore off and this then caused rapid bore wear. Virtually all the engines I stripped had very oval bores and the increased oil use/combustion then blocked the scraper holes in the piston and exagerated the problem. I think that just after I left to work for BMW (still drive a Toyota) the warranty was indeed extended to 100,000 miles or 7 years. New block and pistons is the only cure.

I haven't worked on Toyota for nearly 5 years but was a master tech. Problem with this engine was a fault with the coating on the piston rings which wore off and this then caused rapid bore wear. Virtually all the engines I stripped had very oval bores and the increased oil use/combustion then blocked the scraper holes in the piston and exagerated the problem. I think that just after I left to work for BMW (still drive a Toyota) the warranty was indeed extended to 100,000 miles or 7 years. New block and pistons is the only cure.

as above but its 115,000miles and you dont even need a full history just a partial history also doesnt need to be a main dealer as long as theirs a stamp in the book.

(i'm a tec for toyota now and i've done a lot of rebuilds)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links