Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris1.8 Sr

fl54yaris

Cheers guys, good to know. Cant wait to go back to a jap car, used to have an MR2 Roadster, then Celica, before moving to the dark VW Diesiel side 4 years ago. Looking forward to having a fun nippy car...dont for one minute think its incredibly fast, however its is very fun, the test drive I had in the dealers (not the one I have bought) that 1.8 is every bit as good I remember it in the MR2.

Great news about the miles from a tank....looks like I made the right choice to move away from a heavy oil burner without loosing too much at the pump.

Colour - Alsace Granite :) 4 more days to wait :) Wife gutted, she when from a Rav 4 to a D4D yaris a year ago, it is kitted with spoiler, alloys, etc, but doesnt look as nice or sound as nice as my new wheels :)

Would it be possible for people that own the 1.8 sr to put some pics up, the more the better. When you drive the car does it seem fairly quick or not the reason i ask is that i currently drive a 1.0 yaris and would it seem a lot quicker than mine, i know it will be quicker but what im trying to say does it like put you in the back of your seat or is a different type of power. thnx in advance :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Would it be possible for people that own the 1.8 sr to put some pics up, the more the better. When you drive the car does it seem fairly quick or not the reason i ask is that i currently drive a 1.0 yaris and would it seem a lot quicker than mine, i know it will be quicker but what im trying to say does it like put you in the back of your seat or is a different type of power. thnx in advance :lol:

Well you can see a load of my photos here : http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=102649

I have had mine about 3 weeks now and love it, great little fun car compared to my previous car which was a performance diesel.

In terms of power, well it will blow away your 1.0, for me it "feels" slow sometimes, but I am used to a 1.9 TDi with 265lb torque, so I am used to the through back in the seat feel. With the 1.8 SR you dont get that, what you do get though is progressive power all the way to the redline, and in timing, its exactly the same as my previous car to 60.

Its very nimble into corners, and once you get used to knowing when the VSC kicks in you can anticipate it and push it harder. When you dont want to drive like a loony, then its just as refinied as driving any other yaris....I find it easy to drive slowly and more fun, my old car I felt I needed to drive it hard all the time. Getting around 270 miles out of a tank, which sounds bad compared to my 450 I used to get out of my diesel, but the Yaris is £40 to fill, my old one was £60...so its actually nearly the same per mile.

The sound of the VVTI at 6k rpm is a nice sound :)

A sneak peak of the photos in the thread I mentioned above.

yaris01.jpg

Its a lovely car. There's a 1.8SR I pass regularly near me in the same colour and I admire it every time I pass it...

Did you realise that your SR is Jap built and your wife's is French?

Have you played the game of "spot the build differences" yet? I'm told that there are a few spottable differences between the Jap and French cars, if you have them side by side....

Had my Sr just over 8 months now and still love it :D

I upgraded from the 1.0 and theres a big difference with power and handling, one thing it could do with is a bit low end power.

Hoping the ECU is unclocked sometime soon, but appart from that great car.

Here's some pic's of mine

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15015