Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.2d4d Engine Oil

Sir Nodrick

Hi guys,

I see that the manufacturers recommendations for the oil viscosity for my 55 plate 2.2 D4D avensis is 5w30, however does it have to be a particular type of 5w30??

The reason i ask is that i used to have a VW passat TDi and a Seat Ibiza TDi, both fitted with the VW 1.9 PD engine, and they required special PD (Pump Deuse) oil called "Quantum". I believe the warranty was void if you didnt use PD specific oil.... Is this the case with the toyota or can you put any type/brand of 5w30 in??

The Toyota genuine Motor Oil spec is as follows

Toyota Genuine Motor Oil Fuel Economy SAE 5W-30 is suitable for petrol and diesel

engines, both turbocharged and naturally aspirated, requiring an SAE 5W-30, API SL, ACEA

A1/B1-04 or CCMC G5/PD2 – it also meets all the requirements of ACEA A3/B3-04 with the

exception of the HTHS / shear stability viscosity. The oil offers an excellent level of protection

against black sludge, wear and oil oxidation together with the highest level of fuel efficiency.

Taken from the spec sheet

Kingo :thumbsup: