Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.0 Diesel T Reg

leek

No mot or tax ex taxi,300k on the clock is it worth £150 ?,just needs 2 tyres for the mot.a friend of a friend is selling it.

Hi,

What reg is it?

Has it been serviced regularly?

Has the gearbox or clutch been replaced or repaired & has the timing belt been replaced?

Has the timing belt been replaced? What reg is it?

It may only cost £150 now, but could cost a packet next week.

It's a gamble, but I would not take the chance personally. I know someone who bought an Audi A6 3.0 TDI who bought it with 280k on the clock. Never cost hime a penny for about 20 months, then started getting expensive.

Also, it depends on the age of the car. If it has more value as a trade in, keep it for a few months, then trade it in.

4 years ago, I bought a 98 VW Passat 1.8 20v with 140k (half of yours) for £150. Ended up keeping it for 2 years, then put it in to local auction & got £1100 (£940 after deductions), so my point is it may well be a bargain now & in the future.

Marama32

Hi,

What reg is it?

Has it been serviced regularly?

Has the gearbox or clutch been replaced or repaired & has the timing belt been replaced?

Has the timing belt been replaced? What reg is it?

It may only cost £150 now, but could cost a packet next week.

It's a gamble, but I would not take the chance personally. I know someone who bought an Audi A6 3.0 TDI who bought it with 280k on the clock. Never cost hime a penny for about 20 months, then started getting expensive.

Also, it depends on the age of the car. If it has more value as a trade in, keep it for a few months, then trade it in.

4 years ago, I bought a 98 VW Passat 1.8 20v with 140k (half of yours) for £150. Ended up keeping it for 2 years, then put it in to local auction & got £1100 (£940 after deductions), so my point is it may well be a bargain now & in the future.

Marama32

thanks for the reply

its a T reg and has been serviced regular as its an ex taxi

its had a clutch done 2000 miles ago

timing belt? im not sure about,how much would it cost for me to get it done roughly?

Im off to look this afternoon so will ask about the gearbox too.

cheers

buy it..

worth more in scrap

£150n is nothing for a car!

But watch out with the 2.0TD, they have a problems with the head gasket!

It's a THE delicate point of the the Avensis!

buy it..

worth more in scrap

we had a td .. which did more then 400k ....

not had a problem

parts = 100£ fitting about 60£

buy it..

worth more in scrap

not had a problem

Its done 250k not 300 like i thought,drives spot on,no issues,very happy.i paid just £90 and found £11 under the seats so got a bargain at £79 :D

buy it..

worth more in scrap

not had a problem

I know one car with this problem at 100.000km and one at 220.000km

I think it' especially when you drive short distance. The turbo presure isn't good for a (cold) engine

buy it..

worth more in scrap

not had a problem

I think it' especially when you drive short distance. The turbo presure isn't good for a (cold) engine

Well ... then maybe the people driving are not taking proper due car and attention.

The 2.0 TD with the 1c-cte engine inside has probably been the best avensis out of them all!

In our taxi fleet they were all once TD's most did 7 or 8 years of service and still going strong.

I am taking 45 cars out of 50.... did that kind of miles.

Their is one which has been stripped down and rebuilt @ 450k! and the only reason why it was rebuilt was it was getting smokey

The old avensis is a mileage guzzler. no sensors... no major ecu interferance...

just good old toyota power...

change the oil and drive.

For the price he paid... its peanuts and was stupid if he didnt buy it..

Baraign of a life time ... :P

buy it..

worth more in scrap

not had a problem

Well ... then maybe the people driving are not taking proper due car and attention.

The 2.0 TD with the 1c-cte engine inside has probably been the best avensis out of them all!

In our taxi fleet they were all once TD's most did 7 or 8 years of service and still going strong.

I am taking 45 cars out of 50.... did that kind of miles.

Their is one which has been stripped down and rebuilt @ 450k! and the only reason why it was rebuilt was it was getting smokey

The old avensis is a mileage guzzler. no sensors... no major ecu interferance...

just good old toyota power...

change the oil and drive.

For the price he paid... its peanuts and was stupid if he didnt buy it..

Baraign of a life time ... :P

But you don't know how the formal owner drove with the car, don't you?

So, keep attention.

And, personal i think that the only real Toyota's are build in Japan!

So everything till the Carina E (with de JT chasissnumber)

Not that old chestnut again! :lol: You mean the ones that used to take 3 months to arrive, had very little European styling and flare, and the ones that in those days were restricted in numbers because we had import quota's in place as they were made outside the EU? and once you had sold your quota....that was it, wait until the next boat left Japan Oh yes....the good old days when Morris Marina's ruled the roost :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Not that old chestnut again! :lol: You mean the ones that used to take 3 months to arrive, had very little European styling and flare, and the ones that in those days were restricted in numbers because we had import quota's in place as they were made outside the EU? and once you had sold your quota....that was it, wait until the next boat left Japan Oh yes....the good old days when Morris Marina's ruled the roost :D:

I like a man with a sense of humour :lol: we couldn't get them because most of them went to the Irish Republic .. lucky sods! They were a great car though and even the ones made in Europe out lasted most cars built around that time and still plenty around today to prove it :P As for the Morris (rustbucket) Marina well ... i thought you may have given the Austin Allagro a mention He! He! :unsure:

Regards from one old chestnut to another ...... Pete.

I like a man with a sense of humour :lol: we couldn't get them because most of them went to the Irish Republic .. lucky sods! They were a great car though and even the ones made in Europe out lasted most cars built around that time and still plenty around today to prove it :P As for the Morris (rustbucket) Marina well ... i thought you may have given the Austin Allagro a mention He! He! :unsure:

Regards from one old chestnut to another ...... Pete.

I mean, the japanse car where good, and the european aren't. I hate the european styling.

Look what Toyota offers in Europe, there isn't any new car (except the Yaris TS perhapse) that i want.

The design is horrible, en the build quality isn't what is was.

Give me a Japanese car.

We didn't had any import problems.