Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing A Back Light On The Centre Console

ASHPASH

Hi all,

I drive an 05 Avensis T3-S Tourer, :)

Has anyone had the pleasure of having to change a back light on the centre console, particularly behind the heater and fan controls? I presume its involves removing the console surronding and getting at the light that way but before I start stripping the interior I was just wondering if anyone has had to perform this task before.

Much Appreciated and Many Thanks,

Ash.

Hi all,

Has anyone had the pleasure of having to change a back light on the centre console, particularly behind the heater and fan controls? I presume its involves removing the console surronding and getting at the light that way but before I start stripping the interior I was just wondering if anyone has had to perform this task before.

Ash.

Hi Ash

I recently replaced my centre console and in doing so, noticed the fixing screws, holding the underside of the heater control unit in place.

I did not have to replace any bulbs, but I am pretty sure the unit has to be removed, to change them.

If you take hold of the recess, where your gearstick gaiter sits, you pull up and remove the surround(unscrew the gearknob, if you want to totally remove the section)

There are only 6 or 8 screws holding the whole console in - 2 in the rear storage compartment, 2 under the gaiter section, when that is removed, I am sure there are only 2 more toward the front of the console, holding it onto the framework and then just lift out.

As I said earlier, I don't know if the whole thing has to come out, to remove the heater controls, it may just be the gaiter section.

I hope this helps in any case.

Hi all,

Ash.

Check the EPC or something.

There are drawings how the dash is fitted en where the screws are.

To ASHPASH,

Actually job is quite straight forward. Rotary switch assembly for heater controls comes out with Radio unit. Remove surrounding trims , radio assembly is held in via four screws. Once removed, slide switch pack to one side to remove from radio, you will now need a small electricions (phillips) screwdriver to undo rotary switch pack assembly. bulbs are like little top hats, you have 4/5 ? in total 3/4 black back bulbs & one grey, make sure you change them all. Reassembly is just a reverse order of strip down. Part number for black bulb is T90011-11040, but double check with parts department first just incase of updated bulbs.

Regards, Beagh.

Hi all,

Ash.

Hi Ash

I recently replaced my centre console and in doing so, noticed the fixing screws, holding the underside of the heater control unit in place.

I did not have to replace any bulbs, but I am pretty sure the unit has to be removed, to change them.

If you take hold of the recess, where your gearstick gaiter sits, you pull up and remove the surround(unscrew the gearknob, if you want to totally remove the section)

There are only 6 or 8 screws holding the whole console in - 2 in the rear storage compartment, 2 under the gaiter section, when that is removed, I am sure there are only 2 more toward the front of the console, holding it onto the framework and then just lift out.

As I said earlier, I don't know if the whole thing has to come out, to remove the heater controls, it may just be the gaiter section.

I hope this helps in any case.

Thanks Gary,

I'll have a look at removing the gater and removing the heater control unit.

Any information helps and is much appreciated!

Thanks again for offering your time and help. :D

Paul.

Hi all,

Ash.

Check the EPC or something.

There are drawings how the dash is fitted en where the screws are.

Cheers,

Will do,

Thanks again for your help.

To ASHPASH,

Actually job is quite straight forward. Rotary switch assembly for heater controls comes out with Radio unit. Remove surrounding trims , radio assembly is held in via four screws. Once removed, slide switch pack to one side to remove from radio, you will now need a small electricions (phillips) screwdriver to undo rotary switch pack assembly. Bulbs are like little top hats, you have 4/5 ? in total 3/4 black back bulbs & one grey, make sure you change them all. Reassembly is just a reverse order of strip down. Part number for black bulb is T90011-11040, but double check with parts department first just incase of updated bulbs.

Regards, Beagh.

Hi Beagh,

I had an idea it would involve removing the trims but your extra info helps a lot. Hopefully I can get them changed pretty quick!

Many thanks agian for help and advice. :)

Ash

To ASHPASH,

Actually job is quite straight forward. Rotary switch assembly for heater controls comes out with Radio unit. Remove surrounding trims , radio assembly is held in via four screws. Once removed, slide switch pack to one side to remove from radio, you will now need a small electricions (phillips) screwdriver to undo rotary switch pack assembly. Bulbs are like little top hats, you have 4/5 ? in total 3/4 black back bulbs & one grey, make sure you change them all. Reassembly is just a reverse order of strip down. Part number for black bulb is T90011-11040, but double check with parts department first just incase of updated bulbs.

Regards, Beagh.

Hi Beagh,

I had an idea it would involve removing the trims but your extra info helps a lot. Hopefully I can get them changed pretty quick!

Many thanks agian for help and advice. :)

Ash

I did it about a month ago. I was replacing my stereo at the time so two birds with one stone. Installation as above, was pretty easy.