Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lpg

mrbilly

Hi i have a rav 4.1 does anyone here have lpg on their rav and if so do you see any saving of money, also how much did it cost to convert.

thanks

Well I would think that the cost of a certified LPG install would range from £1000-£2000.. As for savings I presume you will save on fuel as LPG is cheaper, thats after you have 1st paid off the installation costs, So you would have to be doing serious miles to benefit I would think.

This is from someone who has never had a LPG vehicle mind. :D

Would like this in my V6 golf but I don`t do enough mile to justify the install costs, but then if I had and LPG install I would most probably be doing a lot more miles in it.

• 2 weeks later...

£1600 is the norm altho you can fit yourself and get it certified as safe cos the insurance cos need that.

You can come to a deal with a propane user who buys the gas for the heating boiler and has a tank in the back garden.... they buy at around 10p a litre compared to the 45p a litre from garages, or £1.04 for petrol

Gas can't be dyed with red like wot diesel is!!!!!!!!!!!