Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where's The Horn Located?

Mr_Chas

Putting some air horns on the aygo to replace the embarrasssing bip bip that toyota thought adequate.

It's all going great but I'm going to have a problem soon when I have to link the original horn wires up to the new relay.

I can hear the horn's on the driver's side somewhere I think, but to save a load of fruitless dismantlement, can anyone tell me;

a)where it is or

b ) where's a good site to tap the horn wires?

Much obliged.....

:D :thumbsup:

Putting some air horns on the aygo to replace the embarrasssing bip bip that toyota thought adequate.

It's all going great but I'm going to have a problem soon when I have to link the original horn wires up to the new relay.

I can hear the horn's on the driver's side somewhere I think, but to save a load of fruitless dismantlement, can anyone tell me;

a)where it is or

b ) where's a good site to tap the horn wires?

Much obliged.....

:D :thumbsup:

I would have to guess its tucked in just behind the front bumper, have you tried looking from underneath? As for the wiring Im colourblind so even if I did know ya shouldnt follow my advice. :lol:

The horn's on the passenger side (lefthand side when sitting in the car),

in front ofmthe radiator, just beneath the metal bumper crossmemeber:

100_1198.JPG

This picture is from when I was instaling my truck-horns :D

Horn-install.jpg

I decided to make a switch under the steeringcolumn, in the recess form the height

adjustment, which allows me to choose which horn sounds from inside the car.

Since I was allready inside the column, I used the wire going to the spiral cable

to tap into, then ran an extra wire to the Battery where I mounted my relay and fuse.

Next Question......

How do you get the front off to do this?

HERE IT IS

Course, you'll only need part of this post, just the removal / replacement.

Ian.

Thanks! Found it eventually and got to it by removing the plastic stonguard underneath the bumper. First prize for tidy installation goes to you, lol!

post-78545-1252153950_thumb.jpg

Bit messy, but now I can rebuke transgressors with confidence! :D

Bah! In fact the more I think about it, the less satisfied I am with my scrappy "stick em anywhere" approach. Can I really be ubikd to yank the whole front off though? Do I have time, more to the ppoint?

Jan, your truck horns must make the whole car vibrate! :thumbsup:

EDIT: ubikd??? that's not what I wrote!!!

Jan, your truck horns must make the whole car vibrate! :thumbsup:

Fortunately they don't, but the ARE noisy and are perfect to let people know I'm coming :D

• 4 years later...

Is it possible to convert the single horn to a high/low tone horn?

I got some Ring horns that I was going to install on a previous vehicle but never got round to it. Is it possible to install these onto the Aygo?

Is it possible to convert the single horn to a high/low tone horn?

I got some Ring horns that I was going to install on a previous vehicle but never got round to it. Is it possible to install these onto the Aygo?

it is possible, that is what we have done on ours put a high and a low horn on they sound soo much better.

if your horns have 2 wires then you need to connect 1 of the wires to a permanent earth (bracket of horn)

then connect the other wire to your original horn wire to do this you can use a 15a spade male connector

jobs a goodin

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I've just bought a 14 reg Aygo automatic due to knee problems. Can one get to the horn wires with out having to strip down the front end? I have a pair of Fiam horns that I've bought thinking it would be an easy job like on my old Yaris. I'm happy to mount them on the drivers side (right) any help is appreciated.

I'm guessing it's just the access that's an issue here?

Mr_Chas said, "got to it by removing the plastic stonguard underneath the bumper", that'd be my approach, maybe get the car up on ramps?!

3 hours ago, Plob said:

I'm guessing it's just the access that's an issue here?

Mr_Chas said, "got to it by removing the plastic stonguard underneath the bumper", that'd be my approach, maybe get the car up on ramps?!

i done it the same way and fitted high / low tone horns far better than the squeaky horn

• 8 months later...

Bringing this post back from the dead...

Has anyone any experience of using compact air horns, like these;

20170715_072356.png

20170715_072419.png

• 2 weeks later...

I used compct twin horns, similar to the top picture, on my Yaris. Very pleased with the sound.