Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4.3 Boot Storage

DominicPriestley

Having not driven a Rav yet, or had a good look in the boot of one for that matter, could anyone tell me if the stoarge area under the boot floor can be removed? I've heard that when the seats are slid forward the boot floor falls away, no good for my dog. If I remove the storage area under the floor is the floor flat and level with the seat back? Perhaps someone has a few pics they can post?

Many Thanks

Having not driven a Rav yet, or had a good look in the boot of one for that matter, could anyone tell me if the stoarge area under the boot floor can be removed? I've heard that when the seats are slid forward the boot floor falls away, no good for my dog. If I remove the storage area under the floor is the floor flat and level with the seat back? Perhaps someone has a few pics they can post?

Many Thanks

Not sure what you mean about the floor falling away but if you have a look at this: LINK, you can see what the load area looks like with under floor storage bin removed. It's not hard to remove - a series of press rivets. Not sure how long it would take your dog to chew through the wiring though.

Most folk seem to simply fit a dog guard and leave well alone - or do you have a St.Bermard? :unsure:

I'm not sure what you mean either but I can assure you that if you fold the seats flat or slide them forward the floor panels remain in place if that is what you mean.

I am assuming what Dom means is, if you slide the rear seats fully forward without lowering the seat backs there is a drop at the forward edge of the luggage apartment, What i don't understand is why this would be detrimental for a dog :unsure: I suggest that Dom needs to have a look at + try the rear seat lowering operation to appreciate what we are trying to explain, Once seats are lowered foreward you are left with a virtually flat area very roughly 6ft x4ft + with the seat backs fully up you still have a flat area 4x3 large enough for most dogs i would have thought, nothing would be achieved by removing the underfloor storage,, :thumbsup:

Many Thanks

I dont see what you mean either!!!..Iam have 3 dogs, 2 golden retrievers and an English Spinger Spaniel and they sit in the back quite comfortably with the rear seats in the upright position.

Many Thanks

Okay Dom after a great deal of effort :D

bootspace057.jpg

bootspace058.jpg

bootspace059.jpg

bootspace060.jpg

Starting from the top pic1 seats upright...pic2 seats almost flat...pic3 seats upright but slid fully forward revealing forementioned (drop)...pic 4 all back to normal :thumbsup: And now i run the risk of Anchs telling me my cars not very clean :eek: but hope this helps :thumbsup: Going for a lie down now :help:

Second thoughts, better go + clean the car now with my super dooper American extending mop which Anchs got me all the way from the USof A :thumbsup:

Local Hero - many thanks for your efforts!

Now, thats the drop I am on about. It does not look to be an issue from the pics. What I want know is....... I keep hearing of 50 litres of storage area beneath the boot floor, which I see as the carpeted area in your last pic. Underneath that, is there some plastic storage bins like in the Yaris that can be removed? Thus allowing extra space?

Now, thats the drop I am on about. It does not look to be an issue from the pics. What I want know is....... I keep hearing of 50 litres of storage area beneath the boot floor, which I see as the carpeted area in your last pic. Underneath that, is there some plastic storage bins like in the Yaris that can be removed? Thus allowing extra space?

Hi Dominic,

the storage is in two compartments which are an integral ( metal ) part of the floor. When you take the cover off them it looks a fairly daft arrangement UNTIL you look under the car and realise that in the section that devides the two compartments there is a link which is part of the rear suspension - I still think of it as a Panard Rod, but I'll bet it's called something different these days with more sophisticated suspension. I'm afraid there is no easy way of overcoming the problem of the deviding section - many of us would be very happy to keep a spare wheel there if there was.

See pics below, bottles of polish, boots etc should give you an idea of size, (i have removed all my fetish gear) :mad2::laughing:

bootspace067.jpg

bootspace068.jpg

bootspace069.jpg

Not sure if they can be removed :unsure: never done it :thumbsup: Stew

Sorry double posted going senile see previous post :shutit:

Hey LH.

Fair few bits of fluff under those seats, what exactly did you remove from those storage boxes??!!! The boxes do come out but not without a fiddle - they are designed to be left in but even with them in you could fit a medium sized dog under the floor (here goes, animal welfare lobby paints red RAV green!). Just kidding, I wouldn't do it without leaving some air holes........

PS - LH, me and my mate fell about at the ones about the sniffer dog and the road tax :laughing::laughing: :lol2: :lol2:

Hey LH.

what exactly did you remove from those storage boxes??!!

Stilleto's, Whip, handcuffs, flying helmet, goggles, egg whisk, stick of celery, cattle prod, suspenders, crotchless knickers, vaseline, a boxing glove, + Flossie :baaa::blushing::naughty:

PS - LH, me and my mate fell about at the ones about the sniffer dog and the road tax :laughing::laughing: :lol2: :lol2:

Two of my cleaner jokes :rolleyes:

:thumbsup: Stew

Finally got myself a test-drive today of a Rav. Dropped my Auris in for some warranty work and they have given me an 09 plate XTR for a 24 hour test. It's bloomin lovely and the boot is huge compared to what I am used to. Only thing is I have now been spoiled with this as I was looking at 08 reg XTR's but I want the leather now :) and the steering wheel is very nice aswell.