Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis T180 Brakes

tubaman

Got my 2006 T180 back from a 30K service and MOT today.

They said that the brake discs on the front were 75% worn and the pads need replacing soon.

By my working out, the discs will last around 40K miles. I didn`t think I used the brakes particularly enthusiastically - is this normal ?

The Service Manager said modern car brakes are so good these days, it`s quite normal for the brakes (discs) to wear out at this sort of mileage.

Anyone (Toyota mechanic perhaps) know if this is normal and how much the cost of changing discs/pads (FRONT ONLY) on an Avensis at a Toyota main dealer ?

Main reason why moder Toyota brake discs wear out so quickly is the Bosch pads. They are much harder material than Aisin ones.

But anyway, they shouldn't wear so much on that kind of milage. Before i changed front discs from my car it had 130tkm on it and discs were maybe worn that 75%. And i had some track days on with the original brakes.

Now i got National Performance discs and EBC Greenstuff pads. Compared to Bosch pads, they are awesome. No brake dust on wheels like with Bosch pads.

As stated above it is quite early for discs to wear out but quite normal for pads. With any of my cars i always replace the pads and discs with EBC as soon as the OEM stuff wears out, Normally with Green or Red stuff pads.

They are always far better than the standard fitment stuff and in most cases cheaper as well.

Can you give me any more information regarding National Performance discs and EBC Greenstuff pads ? Cost/where to buy ?

Can you give me any more information regarding National Performance discs and EBC Greenstuff pads ? Cost/where to buy ?

eBay or try to find a shop near by that sell's those. I bought mine from a Finnish dealer, nut that doesn't help you.

Can you believe it ? I can find the discs but the Green Stuff pads do not appear to be available for my model 2006 D4D 2.2 180BHP !

Are there any pads out there that are comparable to the Green Stuff pads ?

Can you believe it ? I can find the discs but the Green Stuff pads do not appear to be available for my model 2006 D4D 2.2 180BHP !

Are there any pads out there that are comparable to the Green Stuff pads ?

I believe that the brake pads from 2.2 D4D 150BHP are the same as yours. At least when I was looking for Green Stuff for my 150bhp D4D I found them to also fit the T180.

These are the Green Stuff part numbers you will need:

Front brake pads (pair): DP21499

Rear brake pads (pair): DP21519

I have heard some complaints about brake squeal noise with the Green stuff pads and some OEM brake rotors/discs. Can anyone confirm this or suggest a combo (Green stuff pads + ??? discs) that have good brake power and no noise ?

Regards,

All T25 models have the same brake pads, it doesn't matter if its petrol or diesel.

I don't have any squeal noise with National Performance discs.

I was going to buy Green stuff pads to go with National Performance discs but I`m really struggling as to where exactly to buy National Discs ?

Any ideas ?

Got my 2006 T180 back from a 30K service and MOT today.

They said that the brake discs on the front were 75% worn and the pads need replacing soon.

By my working out, the discs will last around 40K miles. I didn`t think I used the brakes particularly enthusiastically - is this normal ?

The Service Manager said modern car brakes are so good these days, it`s quite normal for the brakes (discs) to wear out at this sort of mileage.

Anyone (Toyota mechanic perhaps) know if this is normal and how much the cost of changing discs/pads (FRONT ONLY) on an Avensis at a Toyota main dealer ?

I have a 2005 1.8 T3-s and had to replace the front discs and pads at 30,000 miles, on the 20th of December, at a cost of £232.00 at Kwik Fit (5 days before Xmas - Booh!).

Kwik fit were the cheapest I could find, at the time.

I am not particularly hard on my brakes, but I can't speak for the owner before me.

Tubaman,

I stand to be corrected, but I was under the impression Toyota had a fixed price deal for front pads and discs. I cannot remember the cost, but it may be worth a phone call to Mr T to confirm. Also, if you can fit yourself, I'm sure Parts King can quote a competitive price for OE.