Do Not Sell My Personal Information

J A E 2009

Phoenix999

Well guys here are a few photos from Saturday at JAE 2009.

We had great weather with some nice cars and a lot of great people.

I had a nice time even though my day started off badly :(

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

As suggested elsewhere my day to JAE started off badly :(

On the trip up there whilst following Chatman and Blue84 I had a coming together with a HGV.... obviously my car came off much worse

003.jpg

The car is still drivable and the door still opens and locks but I will guess that there is some £3000 to £4000 of damage :help:

Thank heavens for a protected no claims bonus :huh:

Brilliant weekend!

I'm so ready for my bed and I didn't get the tell everyone about 'wolf bagging'.!! For another time, see you all at Xmas meal!!

We got back around 11.30 last night, had a fab day and was definitely worth the 100 mile drive each way and being out of the house since 7am :lol:.

Was good to meet new people as well as people we have known for years now, Andy's "rather red" face matched the colour of Anchorman's RAV4 and we had the prime position for the fireworks which were right behind the massive Marquee we had. Was a shame to see Steve's Avensis get spun round though, thankfully they weren't injured!

Also we had sunshine all day and it was baking hot, which meant it got pretty chilly when the sun went down as the sky was clear all the time. The fireworks lasted 5 minutes and my video came out really well so I will try uploading it and if it works I will post it on here.

100_3685.jpg

100_3694.jpg

100_3684.jpg

100_3682.jpg

100_3681.jpg

100_3679.jpg

100_3693.jpg

100_3692.jpg

100_3691.jpg

100_3690.jpg

Nice pictures Steve.....

Pleasure to meet you all and finally put faces to forum names.... :D :D

I like the picture of Anchorman doing the Zen Buddhist sitting pose.....also me poised in thought between Les and Anchorwoman... :rolleyes: (Well that scantily clad lady insisted in always walking past our stand :eek: :eek: :eek: )

It was a shame about your car... but it will be fixed and back to it's full glory....

Hope Jappy Beasts red face goes nice and brown... as you where almost the same colour as Anchorman's RAV

Hou hat was defiantly !Removed!.....But I see you where enjoying the Cider cunningly disguised in the anti freeze bottle.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Anne your iQ Car is lovely and HUGE on the inside.....they just forgot to add a boot to it.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just in the process of uploading my photo's so will update on here soon

Well it is 5.00pm and we are just home now. Had a really nice drive home - car is going beautifully! B)

What a great weekend we have had: lovely weather, good location, smashing peeps! Awesome marquee wasn't it....shame we couldn't fill it :huh:

More pics etc to follow when we have recovered!!!!!!!!!!!

:blink:

Very nice to meet you all, such a shame about the crash. Next time I might even have a look at some of the other cars there, this time only really looked at the Yaris section which were pretty funky. I might stay up late too.

Very nice to meet the other Aygo drivers =>

2go.jpg

Regards

Andy

Next year can we all wear name badges :huh:

I can put faces to forum names but sadly all too frequently have trouble putting 'real' names to people :rolleyes::lol:

But, regardless of names, it is the people on here that makes this club as good as it is :thumbsup:

Ok Picture time.....

The entrance into JAE......... Some FRENCH cars tried to sneak in but where turned away... :lol: :lol:

DSCF3102.jpg

DSCF3103.jpg

Finding the TOC stand was interesting the place was HUGE....but found in the end...

DSCF3109.jpg

DSCF3120.jpg

It had the biggest tent.... :lol:

Anchorman insisted on showing off his clean as new engine bay....Such dedication or too much spare time.... B) B)

RAV's on the stand......

DSCF3104.jpg

DSCF3113.jpg

Anne cute little Toyota iQ.....Certainly drew in the people....

DSCF3106.jpg

DSCF3107.jpg

See from this angle Steve you cant see the dent.... :unsure: :unsure:

DSCF3105.jpg

Me and Anchorman fell in love with these two beauties...

DSCF3115.jpg

DSCF3114.jpg

DSCF3118.jpg

DSCF3116.jpg

DSCF3117.jpg

Other show cars and shiny bits.... B)

DSCF3111.jpg

DSCF3112.jpg

DSCF3119.jpg

And to prove cars are faster than Bothy's RAV's.... :unsure: :unsure:

DSCF3108.jpg

Some stands had there cars in colour order..... ;) ;)

DSCF3110.jpg

But the best stand by far was.....TOC....

DSCF3121.jpg

Nice Hat............

DSCF3124.jpg

Really nice day and the weather was fabulous....

DSCF3125.jpg

Whilst I was listening to the F1 a Honda S2000 ran past with the reg plate " H1 1 5NOG " but looking at the chap driving I thought no thanks.

Some good photo's there :thumbsup:

Agree with Phoenix999, difficult to remember proper names. Had some great chats with Red Yaris but forgot the proper name so ended up saying "mate" a lot :lol: Rich I wanted to call Russ etc ! I did remember Andy's name though for some reason.

Regards

Andy

Whilst I was listening to the F1 a Honda S2000 ran past with the reg plate " H1 1 5NOG " but looking at the chap driving I thought no thanks.

Some good photo's there :thumbsup:

Agree with Phoenix999, difficult to remember proper names. Had some great chats with Red Yaris but forgot the proper name so ended up saying "mate" a lot :lol: Rich I wanted to call Russ etc ! I did remember Andy's name though for some reason.

Regards

Andy

It was good to meet you and the family Andy.....................I thought it was only me who mixes up peoples names :rolleyes: I would insist in calling Charlie, Ben...........Thanks Les for putting me right. (By the way My name is Steve, but I do answer to most things :P ;) :lol: )

Another terrific JAE with splendid weather, HUGE marquee and lots of new members present as well as the usual loyal meeting stalwarts. It was good to see some new faces and put them to the names on here

Such a pity about your dent Steve, the Avensis Tourer is a fine car, I hope that it is back to its pristine condition soon.

Thanks must go to Les and Anne for organising the stand and proving once agin to being the "host and hostess with the mostess" and also to Hou for taking a lead on obtaining tickets for those that wanted advanced tickets :thumbsup:

Anne.......you could have SOLD your IQ many times over this weekend..........It certainly was a crowd puller!!

It really is the members that make TOC such a good forum and Club

The fireworks were spectacular and the Saturday night Karioiki proved that TOC has talent.............(You know who you are ;) )

Hope all had a safe journey home.....................I did but as soon as I had unpacked the car and sorted out the washing etc. I slept soundly in the armchair for over 3 1/2 hours.

I look forward to our next "Big Event......Christmas party" and roll on next years JAE.............It will have to be some "Do" to beat this year

Great day out for me on Saturday. Next year hopefully i'll make it for longer. Enjoyed meeting everyone. Good to see you again Sarah.

Thanks to Les and Anne for their hard work.

Steve , I hope your Tourer gets sorted ok .

To the other Steve (Red Yaris 54), I'm really impresed on how you managed to stretch an Aygo and turn it into a Merc, those badges on the B pillars almost had me fooled !

Regards

Rich

I would like to say a great big thank you for all those attending this years JAE, I'm sorry it was a bit basic (apart from the small marquee :rolleyes: ) but I'm sure most of you had a good time, I certainly did :thumbsup:

Now for a couple of pictures.

Not all the faces (sorry if I missed you) but some of the great people there :yes:

JAE2009pictures122.jpg

JAE2009pictures131.jpg

JAE2009pictures123.jpg

JAE2009pictures124.jpg

JAE2009pictures126.jpg

JAE2009pictures127.jpg

JAE2009pictures128.jpg

JAE2009pictures130.jpg

JAE2009pictures132.jpg

JAE2009pictures134.jpg

JAE2009pictures135.jpg

JAE2009pictures136.jpg

JAE2009pictures138.jpg

JAE2009pictures139.jpg

JAE2009pictures143.jpg

More later

Arrrrrrrrrrrr if I knew you where taking that picture I might have smilled....

Brilliant photo's though Les......

I look deep in thought while eating my teriaki chicken, yum!

Now that I have woken up a bit (and my ankles have stopped stinging) I will add my 2p worth!

WHAT A WEEKEND!

I had a fantastic time, started drinking at half 10 every morning, was wrecked on the Thatch, got a new nickname (from the gf of all people) of knobrot, and stole a picnic bench and a big long bench

Met some great people and caught up with ones I had previously met.

Wont go into too much detail of the people that made it great as you were all ace but massive thanks to Les and Anne for the effort they put in and providing the lovely bacon!

The facilities weren't bad, even if there was flushing problems in the gents (trap 3 especially) and should really have gone and looked at the lake, got a pedlo etc but was quite happy sat in the chair, surrounded by great people slowly drinking myself stupid, good times!

glad you all enjoyed JAE guys.. couldnt be there due to commitments

looks a cool weekend!

Hello all...

Was nice to pop down and say hi to the TOCers...

We tried to come and see you all when we were dressed in fancy dress, but there werent many about and we were told some had already gone to bed!! :P

Weather was lovely, and as always good to see old friends :)

And my my that was a huge marquee!!

I have definitely caught the sun, but am not burnt... bought some toys for Koko and had a thoroughly good time... 2010 is hopefully going to be even better!

Memories of JAE 2009... :D :D :D

The "medium sized" marquee. The excellent selection of Jap (and German!) metal on our stand. The picnic table and park bench that we suddenly aquired seemingly overnight. The queues for the four (FOUR!!!) showers. The wonderful parking on the MR2 stand. Lost phones from bras. Helping a young lady put her trent up (with the security tag still attached!) That guy passed out in the chair having his photo taken with girls, rear ends and MR2's. The drink (especially the drink!!) The small size of my tent (yes it was uncomfortable. Yes with hindsight I really should have put a bigger one up!) The bacon and sausage baps. Trap 3. Trying to remember peoples names (sorry if I forgot!) The sun. Wolfbagging(?) The cold evenings. That guy who came in our marquee looking for Jeff. Those two guys who came in and.... well you had to be there! Thatchers cider. The endless stream of cars going past the stand - who needed to walk round the site? it all went past the TOC stand! The IQ sales we could have made. The endless stream of dance music (I nearly like it now!) The small Lexus club stand. The Yaris driver trying o cure his "missfire" at an ungodly hour. La Slapa's plates falling off. The fireworks.

It was probably one of the best car shows I have ever been to - and I've been to a few!

To all those who came along, had a great time, and are still smiling about the memories - hope to see you all again soon.

To Len and his wife for orhganising the stand, marquee, barbeque etc - many many thanks!

And to all of you who didn't make it this year, but are hoping to go next year - please do so! you won't regret it!!!!!

Hopefully some photos will follow......

Brilliant weekend! :yahoo:

Great peeps, great cars, great atmosphere! :toast:

Can't believe nobody has mentioned my new motor tho....

JAE2009pictures033.jpg

*Post may not be 100% accurate...*

lol @ Gaz!!!!

Had a fantastic weekend guys.

thanks so much for letting me and my little Datsun onto your stand.

Cant wait to catch up with you all soon

J xxxx

Had a great weekend even though we did have an early start from Cardiff on Saturday. It was good to meet old friends and make some new ones. There was a very good selection of cars on the TOC stand too - from the smallest (IQ) to the largest (Land Cruiser) taling in Aygo, Corolla, MR2, Supra, Paseo, Rav 4, Celica and Avensis on the way - sorry if I missed anyones car :rolleyes:

Here's some of my pictures

gallery_1879_961_154826.jpg

gallery_1879_961_86443.jpg

gallery_1879_961_103195.jpg

gallery_1879_961_182605.jpg

gallery_1879_961_80507.jpg

gallery_1879_961_165140.jpg

gallery_1879_961_176805.jpg

gallery_1879_961_215612.jpg

gallery_1879_961_26045.jpg

gallery_1879_961_57458.jpg

gallery_1879_961_186953.jpg