Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Filter Phenomenom

rambler

hi all

well.....what did i expect !!,nights are getting cooler now,we are gradually loseing our lovely light evenings,and my under bonnett howling noise is back...!!!!!!!.

i did await the cooler nights again,as the howling noise was louder during last winter,and since it has started to get cooler recently,i have noticed the 'howling noise' again....nowhere near as loud as before i have to admit.....but its there,intermitantly.

so yes...i had the replacement 'fuel filter cap' fitted early summer time,and it was an official toyota 'modification',but it hasnt stopped the 'howling noise'...as the 'service bulletin' said it would.

so guess i will have to put up with it.. :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:

so those who kept an eye on this topic,and who own a 4.2 d4d,dont bother getting the 'fuel filter cap' changed.....it doesnt help im afraid.

rambler

hi all

well.....what did i expect !!,nights are getting cooler now,we are gradually loseing our lovely light evenings,and my under bonnett howling noise is back...!!!!!!!.

i did await the cooler nights again,as the howling noise was louder during last winter,and since it has started to get cooler recently,i have noticed the 'howling noise' again....nowhere near as loud as before i have to admit.....but its there,intermitantly.

so yes...i had the replacement 'fuel filter cap' fitted early summer time,and it was an official toyota 'modification',but it hasnt stopped the 'howling noise'...as the 'service bulletin' said it would.

so those who kept an eye on this topic,and who own a 4.2 d4d,dont bother getting the 'fuel filter cap' changed.....it doesnt help im afraid.

rambler

hello RAMBLER

May I ask to post on here a sound video to evaluate the nature of this howling noise?

It's definitely looks strange. I have never faced to this before.

Cheers/Igor

hi all

rambler

The mechanic I spoke to was convinced that the filter cap would not cure the fault, however it seems a coincidence that the filter cap replacement helped so much.....

hi igor

attempting to put link here to recording on 'youtube'......here goes

ulp......hope this works

recording was a little quiet,so please listen carefully,and obviously fuel filter is on opposite side of engine from where this video is recorded ( it just sounded like it came from this area).

rambler

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links