Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Acceleration Problem?

bothwell_buyer

Latest from the Crail drag strip is that the 4.1 RAV is now achieving 0-60' launch times of consistently under 2 seconds. 1/4 mile time is 13.6secs with a terminal speed of 100.2mph

This is running with the diff lock on. The turbo engine is on low boost, and attempts at launching at 5000rpm are getting better - altho the gear change method of keeping the revs high is taking some getting used to.

More practice, and maybe with a short shift gearchange, then will shave a few points off the time. Clutch isn't smoking yet either, and the original 15 year old gearbox and diff are holding up well!

Latest from the Crail drag strip is that the 4.1 RAV is now achieving 0-60' launch times of consistently under 2 seconds. 1/4 mile time is 13.6secs with a terminal speed of 100.2mph

This is running with the diff lock on. The turbo engine is on low boost, and attempts at launching at 5000rpm are getting better - altho the gear change method of keeping the revs high is taking some getting used to.

More practice, and maybe with a short shift gearchange, then will shave a few points off the time. Clutch isn't smoking yet either, and the original 15 year old gearbox and diff are holding up well!

How often do you go to Crail, Bothy? I should like to see the "beast" perform if you are there next time I'm in Dundee. Is this one street legal?

On another matter - what engine would a 2.0L H reg Celica have in it? There is one in a drive near me that has been there 2 years. I know the engine is OK but the body is getting a bit shot now.

How about posting a video?

At that speed it'll have to be time lapse!

Can't - Royal mails on strike...

How often do you go to Crail, Bothy? I should like to see the "beast" perform if you are there next time I'm in Dundee. Is this one street legal?

On another matter - what engine would a 2.0L H reg Celica have in it? There is one in a drive near me that has been there 2 years. I know the engine is OK but the body is getting a bit shot now.

The cars been in the garage for the past 2-3 months getting a lot of work done so last time I was in Crail was May I think. Planning another visit soon to perfect my gearchanging... and before really bad weather hits.

Yes, the car is street legal (just) and gets an MOT ok.

On the Celica, I'm not sure - they were fitted with the early 3SGTE ST165 engine I think or perhaps the 3SGE - someone in the Celica forum will know. Or did Bob King not have one?

Oh, meant to say that a youngster tried to video the run whilst a passenger in the car but the launch speed threw his hand back and by the time he'd recovered, the run was finished. Dunno if anyones got it on youtube?

hello mate

these threes are responsible for acceleration:

- good performance of turbocharger (mobility of vanes + vacuum attachment with impulse tubes);

- sufficient cleanliness of EGR valve and mobility of valve stem;

- perfect injection.

The above has been practically proved

CHeers/Igor

hello mate

these threes are responsible for acceleration:

- good performance of turbocharger (mobility of vanes + vacuum attachment with impulse tubes);

- sufficient cleanliness of EGR valve and mobility of valve stem;

- perfect injection.

The above has been practically proved

CHeers/Igor

Quite right. The ability to change gear quickly helps too I found - missing 2nd gear takes 0.5 secs onto the time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links