Springy And Squelchy Clutch Noise + Ripped Seat Cover

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bobba9

• Registered Member
  • 4 posts
  • Toyota Model: MR2 Roadster

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

when i depress the clutch to change gear on my MR2 roadster, the clutch makes a funny squelchy noise. I have no problems changing gear, its just the noise thats doing my head in.

Any ideas? Its service is due next month with Toyota garage (intermediate) . Will they have a look at it you think as part of the service?

ALSO my passenger seat bottom half is ripped (just on the cover design, i dont need a new seat etc..) Toyoya quoted me 300 for a new cover. Does this seen too much? Its only the bottom (seat) half after all!

thankyou for your help

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter Plus
  • 8,927 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Toyota

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:28 AM

Hi and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Yes they are prone to squeaky clutch pedals, usually during winter but it is more of an annoyance than a problem and can be fixed with some well placed lubrication to the area in question ;)

As far as the seat rip goes, yes the covers are removable and I'm sure a good upholsterer in you area could do a repair that would be slightly cheaper :yes:

#3 Bob Brown

Bob Brown

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Toyota Model: MR2

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:29 PM

I too have the clutch squeak, sounds like its coming from under the car not the pedal though.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users