Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Sr Usb Audio Issue

Quicknipper

Hi

I've had my Yaris SR for a few months now and i decided to try using the USB slot to play my MP3's, i plugged it in after a lil wait it loads all the songs onto the tomtom and starts to play, but weirdly it only plays out of the right hand side of my car. The left hand front and left hand rear Speakers are completley silent. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong or is something wrong with my stereo. I've tried moving the balance and fader and everything but nothing makes the sound come out the left. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Just been out to try mine and it plays properly through all four Speakers.

Of course the Tomtom navigation only plays through the right speaker, so it sounds like your unit is getting confused somehow....

You could try a reset of the head unit to see if that helps. Its the small indent at the bottom of the head unit, just to the right of the "Screen" button.

Be careful not to press anything into the small oval hole next to it though, as that's the microphone for the hands free phone and if you stick anything into that, you'll damage the mike....

I take it the CD player and radio work on all four Speakers....?

Thanks for checking for me and replying, i'll try the reset tomorrow when its light, yeah the cd player works fine and the radio works fine through all four Speakers. Now you mention it, i did have an issue with the sat nav when i first had the car, where the sat nav couldn't be heard properly when it was set to the left speaker, the dealer just changed it to the right and i left it at that so maybe that has something to do with it. I'll try the reset but guess i'll have to get someone to have a look at it, thanks so much for your help, put me at ease a lil now, i thought it was a bit stupid to have the sound only out the one side....

thanks again

The sat nav will go back to the left speaker after a reset. The manual tells you how to switch it to the right speaker...

I'd sugget trying the USB straight away first, with the satnav on the left speaker and then again after you've switched it over...

My satnav is playing through the right speaker though, so that shouldn't be the cause.... but worth checking both before and after...

If the reset of the head unit doesn't fix it, try a reset of the tomtom next. I can't see how that would help, but worth a try.. The reset for the tomtom is a small button on the bottom of the device next to the sd card slot.

Its an out field suggestion but.......

I know that if i have something downloaded a low bit rate on my Ipod that sounds fine through headphones, that i loose prts of the track when i plug it through the TomTom. For instance i will loose the vocals on one side, or a sectrion of the trebble will disappear.

Might have something to do with the sound processor in the TomTom, but its happened a few times, and more often than not its worse on my Samsung MP3 player than on the Ipod. Can you try it with a different MP3 device?

Ok guys,

Thanks for all your help and suggestions, i've taken it back to the dealer and they found a fault with the tomtom unit, they have replaced it and it works great, on both channels! So happy now :D sounds nice, was pretty awful on only the right hand channel. Sat nav works on both sides now too so guess it was faulty since i had it. Only wish it remembered which track you got too though, but ahh well i can live with that.

Thanks again to everyone who replied, especially the first person who went out and checked for me :)

Nipper

Sat nav works on both sides now too so guess it was faulty since i had it.

:)

Nipper

Er no.... Sat nav's only meant to operate through one speaker. Its left front by default and the TNS400 instruction manual tells you how to change it to right hand side.....

So its deffo not meant to operate the sat nav through both channels.....

I get USB through both channels and sat nav through right speaker only....

But if you're happy then I suppose there isn't an issue really....

• 2 weeks later...
Sat nav works on both sides now too so guess it was faulty since i had it.

:)

Nipper

Er no.... Sat nav's only meant to operate through one speaker. Its left front by default and the TNS400 instruction manual tells you how to change it to right hand side.....

So its deffo not meant to operate the sat nav through both channels.....

I get USB through both channels and sat nav through right speaker only....

But if you're happy then I suppose there isn't an issue really....

It doesn't work both sides at once, i meant i can use it on either side, as before i could only use it on the the right hand side :-)

That's all right then. Glad its sorted. Sorry to have misunderstood.... :-) :toot:

Can anyone tell me where to find this or how to change the speaker - I've looked everywhere and can't find it although I do remember seeing it somewhere?

Thanks

John

Can anyone tell me where to find this or how to change the speaker - I've looked everywhere and can't find it although I do remember seeing it somewhere?

Thanks

John

TNS 400 Manual Page 18.

Press Source/Pwr for 1 second. Radio will display Goodbye momentarily.

Then press Func/AF and Screen buttons together for three seconds.