Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis D4 Gasoline Engine

nikyblueys1

i have 2.0 D4 gasoline engine with automatic transmision and the engine stops during driving can enybody help me with this problem .

the engine is stopping when i`m in drive and sometimes i have low rpm ?can enybody help me with this problem ?

I have the same engine and transmission as you and the same problem , tick over speed is never more than 500rpm and if you try to accelerate too fast from standstill it will stall , seen mr T and he charged me an arm & a leg and its just the same , living with mine for the time being . :angry:

Hi,

Look at this pevious posts, hopefully it will help.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...rt=#entry474567

This one, says change the oil??

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...t=0#entry930161

Cheers Marama

hi marama32 thanks but thouse links are for another problem

my problem is on a avensis 2000 gasoline engine with automatic transmission

I have the same engine and transmission as you and the same problem , tick over speed is never more than 500rpm and if you try to accelerate too fast from standstill it will stall , seen mr T and he charged me an arm & a leg and its just the same , living with mine for the time being . :angry:

did you solve the priblem or not yet?

I would start by using an injection cleaner & make sure your air filter is clean or replace it, also check or replace your fuel filter. If there is not enough air getting in then acceleration would be an issue.

I never fully read your post. I just saw it saying D4 & thought it had said D4D.

Gordi never solved it, he is living with it at the moment.

Also check the manifold, incase there is a crack in it.

Do you get any warning lights coming on, like the engine mangement light?

It could be the lambda sensor or it could be the air flow meter, but it might not be any of the above

I would start by using an injection cleaner & make sure your air filter is clean or replace it, also check or replace your fuel filter. If there is not enough air getting in then acceleration would be an issue.

I never fully read your post. I just saw it saying D4 & thought it had said D4D.

Gordi never solved it, he is living with it at the moment.

Also check the manifold, incase there is a crack in it.

Do you get any warning lights coming on, like the engine mangement light?

It could be the lambda sensor or it could be the air flow meter, but it might not be any of the above

thank`s Marama the car have just 7.000miles

no warning lights yet

no fuel filter

and i will check the rest to see if there is some problems

I have had several engine warning light episodes , it was always when I used supermarket petrol , Mr T said they had changed the lambda sensor twice and I have only had one episode since which I solved by removing the connector and reconecting it to the lambda sensor having found out which one was causing the problem by engine analysis , cleaned the fuel filter and the air filter , changed the oil had a complete going over by Mr T and its just the same . Living with it till the new year and then its gone . :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links