• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 sprainming

sprainming

• Registered Member
  • 1 posts
  • Toyota Model: IQ

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

My first go on IQ forum and I see a few old posts on this problem but think it may be worth re-opening.
We bought our manual IQ2 in June and have been watching the average mpg display carefully.
First surprise was how it only resets itself when you refuel - what bright spark thought that one up! I want to reset when I decide.
Next, driving it carefully, I watched the average figure rise to 60.0 and no more!
Then I set it to instant mpg and even coasting downhill, it never got above 60.0.
So I spoke to the dealer and after checking the other IQs in the showroom he said they all max out at 60.0
So I phoned Toyota Customer Service and after a long wait they said it was a problem they were aware of and they were trying to find a solution. They advised me to keep checking with the dealer to see if a mod had been issued.
How ironic that one of the few cars with stated mpg above 60 has this fault !
Anyone had the same experience ?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 MccLtd

MccLtd

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: IQ(3)

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:45 AM

I have the IQ(3) and that only goes to 60mpg, only when coasting thou. So its still a problem.

I'm averaging:
50mpg on Adsa's unleaded
54mpg on tescos super unleaded

Yet to try Shells super unleaded or what ever they call it. Thats the next fill up.

#3 amir guitamir

amir guitamir

• Registered Member
  • 6 posts
  • Toyota Model: iq

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

mmmm... puzzling. i was wondering why it didn't go over 60. i thought it had something to do with the breaking in stage. suppose it's a trip back to the dealer if they manage to find a fix although my suspicion is that they found out about the 60 limit at too late a stage before the car's release. i mean it's a bit obvious to overlook in a car so concientiously designed for fuel economy and eco-driving.

#4 eco9rat

eco9rat

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:52 PM

My first go on IQ forum and I see a few old posts on this problem but think it may be worth re-opening.
We bought our manual IQ2 in June and have been watching the average mpg display carefully.
First surprise was how it only resets itself when you refuel - what bright spark thought that one up! I want to reset when I decide.
Next, driving it carefully, I watched the average figure rise to 60.0 and no more!
Then I set it to instant mpg and even coasting downhill, it never got above 60.0.
So I spoke to the dealer and after checking the other IQs in the showroom he said they all max out at 60.0
So I phoned Toyota Customer Service and after a long wait they said it was a problem they were aware of and they were trying to find a solution. They advised me to keep checking with the dealer to see if a mod had been issued.
How ironic that one of the few cars with stated mpg above 60 has this fault !
Anyone had the same experience ?

Think they all do it from what i remember. I run a scangauge and get in the 70's when crusing in 6th gear. Average mpg is about 2 mpg higher than the cars display. The instant mpg figure agrees with the car display until 60. All based on iq3 spec.

#5 iq-ownersclub.com

iq-ownersclub.com

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Toyota Model: Toyota IQ3

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:44 PM

is that the diesel or the petrol version eco9rat?

#6 eco9rat

eco9rat

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 10:01 PM

is that the diesel or the petrol version eco9rat?

Its petrol.

#7 SooZ

SooZ

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Toyota Model: IQ

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:18 PM

They all got it - probably be easy enough to fix the software, its all plug and play stuff these days, maybe by the time we get our first service it'll be sorted :)

#8 Faye

Faye

• Registered Member
  • 9 posts
  • Toyota Model: IQ2

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:34 AM

We've just taken delivery of our IQ2 and its happily registering over 60mpg average on the clock, and the instant goes all the way up to 99

#9 rturner

rturner

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Toyota Model: iQ

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:09 PM

We've just taken delivery of our IQ2 and its happily registering over 60mpg average on the clock, and the instant goes all the way up to 99

Sounds like it might be fixed now. I hope they can apply this retrospectively....I want to see 99mpg on my readout!

#10 johnan

johnan

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • First Name:John
  • Toyota Model: iQ2 manual, was Aygo. Also MG Midget.
  • Year: 2011

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:20 PM

Sounds like it might be fixed now. I hope they can apply this retrospectively....I want to see 99mpg on my readout!

For those with UK iQ's with the 60mpg maximum fuel consumption readout problem (not a problem in later cars) , in case you have not heard, there is now a fix which I had done on my iQ today.

The odometer has reverted to 0 miles (plus the mileage home from the dealer), so it looks like the "fix" is to change the display unit, and not just a software update.Although I suppose a software update could zero everything.

The service lady said the dashboard would need to come off so it must be quite involved.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users