Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 New Tyre And Bits Bid Farewell

Mereside

Dear all,

Parting is such sweet sorrow and I have enjoyed this forum and may be able to do some good before I go to pastures new.

As dear T180 is heading in for part exchange shortley the bits I accumulated for it may be able to save some money for the good folks on this forum.

If you are interested please pm me for details.

Anyway, why am I leaving? I am after an auto gearbox (as I am getting on a bit) and a bit more leg room.

What will I miss? The Oracle that is Anchorman, Kingo and his aladins cave of parts, some Scots bloke who thinks a 3 door Rav should fire down the drag strip and all the other contributors who are sensible when needed with constructive well informed advice and also the ridiculous banter which is usually entertaining.

I seriously considered keeping the Rav just because the forum is so entertaing and informative, (I will have to sneak back when no one is looking).

Oh good grief I'm starting to have second thoughts, best stop now.

Regards

Mereside

Dear all,

Parting is such sweet sorrow and I have enjoyed this forum and may be able to do some good before I go to pastures new.

As dear T180 is heading in for part exchange shortley the bits I accumulated for it may be able to save some money for the good folks on this forum.

Anyway, why am I leaving? I am after an auto gearbox (as I am getting on a bit) and a bit more leg room.

What will I miss? The Oracle that is Anchorman, Kingo and his aladins cave of parts, some Scots bloke who thinks a 3 door Rav should fire down the drag strip and all the other contributors who are sensible when needed with constructive well informed advice and also the ridiculous banter which is usually entertaining.

I seriously considered keeping the Rav just because the forum is so entertaing and informative, (I will have to sneak back when no one is looking).

Regards

Mereside

With uncle Bob and now Mereside leaving us I think that we need a new class of membership for the forum. Maybe "Lurkers"? I can see it now on all the Toyota advertisng hoardings "Lurkers of the world unite!" Hmmmm Sorry about that. ;)

I can understand that if you do not have a Rav your interest might wain a bit, but that doesn't mean that anyone can't continue to join in with the general banter + continue to offer advice to new owners, we have developed friendships on here that surpass the make + model of cars we drive, some newer members on here have given far more practical advice than someone like myself will ever do, So any members who have changed cars please still look in + join in, you will always be welcome :thumbsup: Stew

Thanks for that Stew,

I personally look in to make sure your avitar is in rude health.

Does she have any sisters I can take with me?

Mereside

I can understand that if you do not have a Rav your interest might wain a bit, but that doesn't mean that anyone can't continue to join in with the general banter + continue to offer advice to new owners, we have developed friendships on here that surpass the make + model of cars we drive, some newer members on here have given far more practical advice than someone like myself will ever do, So any members who have changed cars please still look in + join in, you will always be welcome :thumbsup: Stew

Ditto the above - and you never know when a little nugget you have picked up along the way might help someone out so enjoy your new motor but don't be a stranger :thumbsup:

You can tell the 4.3s are getting 3 years old - some are getting traded, but for what?

I just want to echo the thoughts of everyone above. You can always look in and who knows we might be able to help out with whatever it is!!!

All the best and keep in touch.

I would probably have got rid of my 3 year old T180 too, if only I had a job!! As said in my tyre thread, it must be 11/12 years since I last had an MOT!!

Good luck with the new purchase Mereside.

Dear all,

Thanks for the above and my decision hovers around a Lexus GS450h Sport 12 months old but they have a very small boot because of the Battery pack and they have run flat tyres as the spare wheel well is full of bits of electronics for the stability control. Its balck with black inside and of course all the toys. I have been using a Lexus LS600h for the week (the long wheelbase one with massage seat in the back) and they feel a bit posh for a common oik like me in me jeans n sweatshirt when not at work.

Car 2 reminds me of an Audi I had, an A3 3.2 DSG. This new one is the S3 with DSG gearbox and will no doubt hold its value well. I fancy silver or blue and it will be new or very nearly dependant on what's about.

So pertol/diesel heads posh and smooth or a bit of rough n ready so to speak.

For info both do 0-60 in 5.6 secs and 155mph limited.

Life can be sooo hard making these decisions. Will miss the Rav though.

Mereside.

Dear all,

Regards

Mereside

Hello Mereside,

And also a fond farewell. Have read some of your posts and you will be missed. If you have "accumulated" an 18" alloy and tyre, please let me know,

I have RFS but doesn't need to match....will change these eventually.

Big Kev.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links