Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trying To Remove Crankshaft Pulley Bolt!

ade.

Hey all! well i've got a celica gen 5 gt-r import, when i bought it, the car had a water leak, which i found to be the water pump, now ordered a new pump got that fine but the only problem is trying to get the damn crank pulley bolt off!

so far i've had a 500Nm impact wrench on it and nothing, along with a breaker bar but cant get the swing on it, anyways im strugling to find a solution to it as it seems impossible lol! and just to confirm its a normal right hand thread aint it lol! any ideas greatfully received ;)

Hey all! well i've got a celica gen 5 gt-r import, when i bought it, the car had a water leak, which i found to be the water pump, now ordered a new pump got that fine but the only problem is trying to get the damn crank pulley bolt off!

so far i've had a 500Nm impact wrench on it and nothing, along with a breaker bar but cant get the swing on it, anyways im strugling to find a solution to it as it seems impossible lol! and just to confirm its a normal right hand thread aint it lol! any ideas greatfully received ;)

get a power bar and socket put on to the crank bolt wedge it against the chassis or ground and give the key a quick on/off(dont start)that should shock the pully bolt loose.

I have sympathy for you mate, last year i tried taking mine and split the socket haha. Put it in gear, wedge the brakes on try something like that, the impact socket on the lad and give it a go, make sure u have a nice long torque wrench.

i lowered the wifes rav 4 cam pulley down onto a jack , just enough to jam the crank . its that damn thread locktight they use , you really need an air compressor and air impact wrench for this job.