Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Few More Questions Regarding (self) Servicing The Aygo...

benchan

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me where the Fuel Filter is for the Aygo petrol and how often it is suppose to be changed? The online maintenance schedule says every 48Kkm but I remember the printed manual that came with my Aygo said otherwise.

How do I change the gearbox oil? I got the MMT version by the way.

What is a "Inverter coolant" and where do I find it?

Also if I were to go for a timing belt change, what would be a reasonable price to pay at a Toyota dealer / local garage?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Hello...

First, you'd check your warranty book, it's all in there... be patient and read it carefully.

petrol Aygo, has no belt, ther is a chain moving the cams. No need to be changed, maybe after many-many km..

MMT has the same gearbox with manual, you unscrew upper bolt, the lower, you drain the oil and then you;ll need to have toyota LV 75W 2 lt gearbox oil. You;ll actually need 1.7 lt, and that;s it.

timetable says should be changed every 4yrs or 60.000 km, but if change it earlier, it would be the best for your gearbox, especially on a MMT like mine also, which performs many more shifts from a manual....

Fuel filter is located inside the tank, and toyota says shold be changed every 15yrs / 180.000 km. better change it every 70-80.000 km.

inverter coolant? really don't know.... More info???

check also, oter topics in Aygo Club, its all written...

welcome, cause you are self-servicing...

the filter you want is a j1 your better getting it from toyota only £5.00 approx.

as for the inverter coolant?i didnt know they made a hybrid aygo lol!! :lol::lol:

you dont need to worrie about the inverter coolant as you dont have an inverter(prius only so far). :thumbsup:

Fuel filter is located inside the tank, and toyota says shold be changed

every 15yrs / 180.000 km. better change it every 70-80.000 km.

There's actualy a secondary fuel filter near the engine too,

it's located WITHIN a hose leading from the hard fuel line to the

injectorrail and according to the manual never needs replacing :blink:

you cant over fill the gear box if you use the correct filler plug.

Yes you can: my car wasn't parked totally level and I plugged the filler before letting the oil level settle. I didn't think it would matter, but overfilling worsened the gear change. The synchromesh didn't like it. Felt like driving a tractor.

Thanks guys.

How about "Charcoal Canister" and "Charcoal Canister Filter" - these are listed separately - what are these? Are these different from the cabin air filter? Also there seems to be something called "Aircon filter" too.

How about "Charcoal Canister" and "Charcoal Canister Filter" - these are listed separately - what are these? Are these different from the cabin air filter? Also there seems to be something called "Aircon filter" too.

"Aircon filter" is the cabin filter, also known as a pollen filter

"Charcoal Canister" is a emmisions control that stops fuel vapor escaping into the atmosphere. It's under the bonnet & is utterly insignificant if you replace it or not. It is a similar principle to an oil catch tank, except it returns the tiny amounts of condensed fuel to the fuel tank, rather than storing it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links