Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thoughts On The Possible Gen8 Celica

Fawbs

http://issue.imotormag.co.uk/1R4acb2e3c527c0659.cde check out page 4

Ok this was posted on the gt4 owners site and i haven't seen it on here yet so if i have missed it i do apologise. Just wondering what peoples thoughts on here are as there are none gt4 owners here i think there will be a better all around opinion as its not about another gt4 but another celica.

These were my thoughts on it. I have since heard it could very well be the new supra which i really don't agree with.

I agree it looks like a 350z especially from the side view. I know it isn't a massive issue but i hear they are on about using the engine from the imprezza for the gt4 version which i think is a bit of a bad decision. I'd rather see a new engine made up for this thing as the imprezza in my eyes is part of the competition, i know usually they are compared to evo's in that old rivalry but they are all rallying cars and shouldnt be able to interchange parts. In many respects its good cause if u go to a scrap yard for parts and see an imprezza you will be able to rob things for the engine but for me i'd rather see something a bit more unique.

It is fantastic they are on about getting another gt4 out the doors but the look is too similar to todays cars, the rx8 and the z car have already been mentioned by other people and i can see where they are coming from. All the current gt4's all have something about them esp 165 and 185 with the pop up headlights which in my eyes is what a typical 80/90's sports car should look like. Makes me wonder why i got a 205 but to be honest i was actually looking to buy an mr2 turbo ha.

For me the great looks of the gt'4's, mr2's and supra's certainly showed what great designing toyota can do, not too mention the great engines esp the supra's which im sure we are all aware what potential it has.

At the end of the day i'm looking forward to seeing one on the road in the flesh, hopefully i will have my car rebuilt and i can take it to the cleaners ha.

Mike

Mike, the site you posted seems a bit slow so here's Autoexpress' version: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpr...ca_returns.html

My first impressions of the car are it looks great from the front and side, but the rear definitely needs a rework - reminds me of a cross between a Ford Puma and BMW 6-series! Those turbine style alloys rock!

I also would've liked to have seen a dedicated engine built by Toyota rather than using a reworked Subaru boxer engine. But I guess in these times of recession, cost saving is the only way for the motor industry to survive.

I'll reserve final judgement until the car is actually on the roads :thumbsup:

Mike, the site you posted seems a bit slow so here's Autoexpress' version: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpr...ca_returns.html

My first impressions of the car are it looks great from the front and side, but the rear definitely needs a rework - reminds me of a cross between a Ford Puma and BMW 6-series! Those turbine style alloys rock!

I also would've liked to have seen a dedicated engine built by Toyota rather than using a reworked Subaru boxer engine. But I guess in these times of recession, cost saving is the only way for the motor industry to survive.

I'll reserve final judgement until the car is actually on the roads :thumbsup:

not a big compliment to other toyota its looks a bit pants lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links