Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central Locking Problem

Anastasis

I have a problem on my Avensis 2.0 CDX (V registered) with the central locking.

If I use the remote key to unlock, the indicators flash twice as normal, but the car does not unlock.

If I use the remote key to lock, the car locks, but the indicators flash twice instead of the normal once.

The central locking rocker button on inside of the driver's door has exactly the same effect described above with the key for unlocking and locking.

The only way to unlock the car is to use the key in the driver's door.

I have tried following the instructions in the manual regarding resynchronising the wireless remote locking, but that does not change anything.

Has anyone experienced the above? Can anyone shed any light on what could have gone wrong with this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Don't know exactly what is causing the problem, but have a look at the previous thread below, it may help.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58058

Cheers,

Marv

Thanks for the link to that thread. I have found the rectangular black box integration relay and have managed to remove the orange multi-cable connector but cannot then get the relay box out. It is loose at the bottom and I can also see the clip at the top which I can lift, but something is stopping it moving on the right-hand side. However, I cannot see or feel what as the box on that side is very tight up against the offside interior of the car.

Any ideas how to do this?

Peter

An update on this issue...

My central locking is now working again - almost!

I have done nothing more since I tried to remove the integration relay box and the resynchronisation sequence (which didn't work at the time).

The thing is whilst one key works completely, the other key also locks and unlocks fully, but when I open the boot having unlocked using the second key, the alarm goes off! Any thoughts on that?

On a related note... please can someone explain how I can tell what is the master key and what is secondary? I have seen it mentioned that one of the two keys is the master but I do not know how to tell the difference.

Thanks again for any help you can give.

Peter

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links