Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Standard Fit "optional Extras"

Mean Green

Are there any "optional extras" that come fitted to a 2004 Avensis that just need activated or switch on?

To explain, I also have a Land Rover Discovery. The cruise control function is standard fit from the factory on all Discoveries, but is only activated on certain models and is sold as on optional extra on the other. So all you need to do it buy and fit a switch (for around £30) and you have cruise control.

So is there anything on the Avensis? I am thinking heated seats etc

It is a 2004 D4-D 2.0 T-spirit.

Thanks

most modern cars just have a common loom for all models but may not have the final module etc. fitted - e.g. you will find posts in here on how to fit cruise control to some Avensis models much as you described for the Disco.

certainly some functions are programmable/adjustable.

As your T Spirit is a high spec. model though I doubt that there is much that isn't fitted but I don't claim any real knowledge.

Thanks for the quick answers - I assumed as much.

The only thing I would really like is heated seats - the leather is a little chilly in the morning as we head into winter :)

Wouldn't mind knowing myself as I've seen quite a few adverts on eBay / Autotrader suggesting that this model does have heated seats but don't know myself!

Also, if you wouldn't mind, I'm looking into getting the exact model you've mentioned could I be cheeky and ask how you find it? Any problems? etc. Sorry to hijack but I am also interested in the heated seat!

M.

Wouldn't mind knowing myself as I've seen quite a few adverts on EBay / Autotrader suggesting that this model does have heated seats but don't know myself!

Also, if you wouldn't mind, I'm looking into getting the exact model you've mentioned could I be cheeky and ask how you find it? Any problems? etc. Sorry to hijack but I am also interested in the heated seat!

M.

Hi M.

I find the Avensis great. We have had it for about 18months or so and cant fault it.

When we bought it the brief was a 5 door car diesel that had good safety, reliable and economical. The Avensis fitted the bill perfectly and the T-spirit is great.

The performance of the 2.0 D4D is good and it has never dropped below 50mpg in the entire time that we have had it - that is in all types of driving. In a recent trip, I had the cruise set at 75 on the motorway and returned 57mpg.

The only things I am not happy with are very minor - the satnav is very fiddly to set (but works very well once set), no heated seats and thats about it.

i certainly cant recomend enough a 2.0 D4D avensis.

Wouldn't mind knowing myself as I've seen quite a few adverts on EBay / Autotrader suggesting that this model does have heated seats but don't know myself!

M.

Hi M.

I find the Avensis great. We have had it for about 18months or so and cant fault it.

When we bought it the brief was a 5 door car diesel that had good safety, reliable and economical. The Avensis fitted the bill perfectly and the T-spirit is great.

The performance of the 2.0 D4D is good and it has never dropped below 50mpg in the entire time that we have had it - that is in all types of driving. In a recent trip, I had the cruise set at 75 on the motorway and returned 57mpg.

The only things I am not happy with are very minor - the satnav is very fiddly to set (but works very well once set), no heated seats and thats about it.

i certainly cant recomend enough a 2.0 D4D avensis.

Thanks MG

Pretty much what I wanted to hear in all fairness. I've put a deposit down on the same model as your opening post now. I do a fair few miles so reliability, comfort and decent MPG was on the list. I knew the Toyotas were reliable and when I test drove it, it was unbelievably comfy, probably the most comfortable car I've driven (currently driving an XType Jag courtesy car so that's no mean feet).

I've seen the Sat Nav and to be honest I have a Tom Tom but it's great that it's there in case of emergency. I'll definately give it a go when I collect it - sadly collection has to be put off for a while as I'm still waiting for the cash from the blooming insurance company!

M.

Edit: One quick question that someone may be able to help with - I noticed what looked like a voice command button on the steering wheel - any ideas what this is for as I pressed it and it did nothing?

Get a Webasto on Eberspächer to heat your car. Even better if you get a remote for the heater... Nothing beats that. :rolleyes:

I looked at a Webasto system a few years ago, but never went for it due to the price & winters have been milder over the last few years.

But it does make sense to have one fitted though.

At least with Eberspächer you can use it on the summer time also. You gan get it to use the car fan to cool the insede of the car a litle when it's damn hot.

At least with Eberspächer you can use it on the summer time also. You gan get it to use the car fan to cool the insede of the car a litle when it's damn hot.

How expensive is the Eberspacher system?

A litle cheaper than Webasto. I Don't know the price in UK but in Finland Eberspächer is 750€ + remote 450€ + installation if you can't do it your self.

• 1 month later...
Thanks MG

Pretty much what I wanted to hear in all fairness. I've put a deposit down on the same model as your opening post now. I do a fair few miles so reliability, comfort and decent MPG was on the list. I knew the Toyotas were reliable and when I test drove it, it was unbelievably comfy, probably the most comfortable car I've driven (currently driving an XType Jag courtesy car so that's no mean feet).

I've seen the Sat Nav and to be honest I have a Tom Tom but it's great that it's there in case of emergency. I'll definately give it a go when I collect it - sadly collection has to be put off for a while as I'm still waiting for the cash from the blooming insurance company!

M.

Edit: One quick question that someone may be able to help with - I noticed what looked like a voice command button on the steering wheel - any ideas what this is for as I pressed it and it did nothing?

That's the one thing the T-Spirit doesn't have! The button is there but only works when the optional COLOUR sat nav is installed, if you have the standard black and white/orange one then you can try shouting at it in English, German or any other language you like (I know, I did) but it won't do anything.