Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Ticket.....got A Question About It....

paulnanrod

I have parked in the same place each day for nearly a year, but had a parking ticket tonight. The local council have recently put meters on the street, but say not in use on the screens. They are bays that have 3 spaces in and I was over the line, but there are no meters in use.

I know i was in the wrong to be over the line, but is it right to ticket someone when the lines were only painted when the meters were put in - but the meters aren't on.

Cheers

You might be able to challenge it based on the parking meters being out of order, and most councils just cave because of the amount of money it costs them to go through a court.

Also, how much space was there? If it can be shown to be inadequate (As opposed to you just being crap at parking :D :P) then that's more ammo you have to challenge it.

It's a lot of hassle tho', and no guarantee of success which is why very few people try. :(

I have parked in the same place each day for nearly a year, but had a parking ticket tonight. The local council have recently put meters on the street, but say not in use on the screens. They are bays that have 3 spaces in and I was over the line, but there are no meters in use.

I know i was in the wrong to be over the line, but is it right to ticket someone when the lines were only painted when the meters were put in - but the meters aren't on.

Cheers

take a picture of the meters saying not in use, ur proof that you could not use the meter, all in your favour to not pay either the said parking amount or the fine for any offence for illegal parking.

Cheers

Hi you say you were not parked within the space provided , does it say on the ticket that this is the reason for the PCN, you also state that the meters are not yet in operation , so i can understand why you are asking the question , i would start by phoning the authority concerned and asking them if a ticket can be legally applied bearing in mind that the meters are not yet active , if they say that it is legal then i would seek further advice you could try phoning your local citizens advice bureau, below is a website that might contain the answer

http://www.trafficpenaltytribunal.gov.uk/s...p?documentID=70

Or this site http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/home.htm

This information may also help you in determining wether or not the PCN is enforcable , http://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/traffic.htm check to see if the council have a traffic management order in place or traffic regulation order , if not , then the PCN is unenforcable .

By law the traffic order must be made viewable to the public. To view an order, contact the transport department of the relevant local authority. You may request a copy be sent to you under the Freedom of Information Act. A few authorities such as Devon keep their orders on line.

I got a ticket last week for parking in a Taxi bay. For those who remember my previous posts, I don't always get away with it :( The "Bad Lad" was on duty that day :D

I decided to pay on line & when I did I was able to view 2 photos of my car, neatly parked in the wrong place.

To placate Balli Hi in advance :lol: There are never any taxis parked at that rank during the day. They park there at night, on both sides of the road, one of which has "Double Yellows" :lol2:

I took a chance, parking for a few minutes to run into my ex business to chat to the girls & to check our Lottery Syndicate, which I am still in.

NO !!!!!! We didn't win, even a scratch card :(

I got a ticket last week for parking in a Taxi bay. For those who remember my previous posts, I don't always get away with it :( The "Bad Lad" was on duty that day :D

I decided to pay on line & when I did I was able to view 2 photos of my car, neatly parked in the wrong place.

To placate Balli Hi in advance :lol: There are never any taxis parked at that rank during the day. They park there at night, on both sides of the road, one of which has "Double Yellows" :lol2:

I took a chance, parking for a few minutes to run into my ex business to chat to the girls & to check our Lottery Syndicate, which I am still in.

NO !!!!!! We didn't win, even a scratch card :(

:eek: CRIMINAL in our midst! :ban::hang::giljotiini: ;) :lol: