Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1/4 Mile

CorollaTS05

whats the stock times for both, does anyone know?

would be interesting, although think id put money on the old school ts....

• 4 weeks later...

i thought this would be interesting anyway.........................

I'd put my money on the 1.5 TS.

Couldn't say why.. I just think it'd have a slightly better advantage.

yeh i was thinking because of the weight and slightly faster 0-60 time of the ts, bet it would be close though, bet no 1.8sr has seen a 1/4 mile yet though lol.

Oh I'm sure there's a few that have. Maybe take a look on YT, I've not looked but imagine there would be some vids on there. Maybe not a UK varient, but it's the same engine I suppose. :D

Parkers guide says 0-60 in 8.7 for the 1.5 T Sport vs 9.0 for the 1.8SR. Top speed is 118mph for the T Sport and 121 for the 1.8 SR.

950 kg for the TS vs 980kg for the SR.....

But the deciding factor is the turning circle: 16m for the TS vs 9m for the SR - a hands down winner!!!!

lol the turning circle on the ts is massive my corolla is more manouverable. im surprised bu the weight of the sr, looks heavier than that. how the hell is it so slow to 60 with 35 horses more than the ts and only 30kg heavier?

Why is the turning circle on the T-S so big?! I'm constantly being impressed by other hatchbacks manoeuvring around tight gaps a lot easier!

Why is the turning circle on the T-S so big?! I'm constantly being impressed by other hatchbacks manoeuvring around tight gaps a lot easier!

I am fairly sure that a 1.8 litre car weighing 980 kg with 130 horses will be quicker than 9 secs to 60!

Toyota silliness.

Don't see why not with the right mods. :P

I only hit 15.1 secs. but I do weigh a fair amount more! :lol:

The 1.8 SR Kerbweight has to be wrong... and Parkers have it wrong IMO.

Some reviews say the old TS has 0-60 of 7.8 seconds.

1/4 Mile I would say the 1.8 should win. What is the gearbox like in the 1.8 cos the old one is extreemly close ratio?

Check this vid out with an Suzuki Swift Sport vs Yaris SR (TS outside the UK)

Come the new RWYB season i'll make sure i post up when we're going.... then if a YTS and a YSR come along we can settle the arguement ;)

Toyota's own web site (used car data archive) doesn't give a weight for the TSport, but the others in the range have kerb weights from 965kg-990kg, so its not going to be much different from that.

They don't quote a kerb weight for the 1.8SR either - but they do on the Dutch web site - its 1095kg there.

So based on that - the T Sport has a weight of about 975kg and the SR about 1095kg.

That makes the performance results from the differently powered engines much more believable.

Quickest time to my knowledge of a standard 1.5 TS doing a quarter of a mile is 16.3, the new SR (UK) is called a TS still in some parts of europe so it all gets very confusing!

The 1.5 was a very good car for its time with pretty decent performance figures, and a dream of a gearbox, the new 1.8 is not so, 130bhp from a 1.8??!?! It weights too much to be "nippy" aswell. such a shame............ :rolleyes:

Hi

I'd wager it being a very even race; but I reckon in the dry the TS would edge it. I can't see either beating 17 - 18 seconds. A Civic Type R takes between 15 - 16 seconds and does 0-60 in 6.4.

Regards

Yumma

I love my TS, quickest of the line but I think it will only do it in 20 seconds with the superior horsepower of the SR just beating it at the end. The SR seems to be quicker than the swift so it is no slouch. I know my Diesel Auris would real the little TS in and beat it at the end.

Hi

I'd wager it being a very even race; but I reckon in the dry the TS would edge it. I can't see either beating 17 - 18 seconds. A Civic Type R takes between 15 - 16 seconds and does 0-60 in 6.4.

Regards

Yumma

Dunno who is driving the type R's, the 500kg man?!?!?

Guy who use to own my car did a 16.3 in a standard t sport at santa pod, still got the bit of paper in my car!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links